Adsense

Monday, August 10, 2015

Blessings from Kenya X 4

I have four kids in Kenya and I received letters from all of them today. Kenya certainly has their bulk mailing down to a science!

I know that four letters is a lot to share in one post, I can't help but post all this Kenyan love together.

First, a letter from Mulwa. He wrote on the My Family template.

Mulwa is 8 years old. His letter is dated June 6th, 2015.

_______________________________________________________________________________


My siblings are 6 in number. In my family, I spend the most time with my brother. Extended family that lives with me are my grandmother and aunt. My family lives in the rural area. My food is prepared by my mother. My favorite thing to do with my family is singing. My favorite way to help in my family is sweeping the house. My family's faith background is Christian. My family's health & special needs are food, water, shelter, and clothes. 

Mulwa is sending warm greetings to you, Kayla, and your family. He is doing well in school and also with his family at home. He says that he and his family are thanking you for your support. Finally, he wishes you good health and God's blessings. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Faith. Her handwriting is really improving. I think she is doing so well! 

Faith is 9 years old. Her letter was written on May 30th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello! First, I salute in the name of Jesus Almighty. How have you been there? How is the climate there? Back in our home, we are doing well and enjoying hot and warm climate in our area. 

I sincerely appreciate you for the letter which you sent to me. Thank you for remembering me. I would also like to tell you that I am doing well at school. I am improving in all subjects. The only subject that I am experiencing some difficulties in is math. I request you to pray for me so that I may get to understand it. 

Give my warm greetings to all your family members and your friends. God bless and protect you. 

Faith

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, a letter from Brian. This is actually the very first letter that I'm receiving from Brian, after quite a long wait. I am so happy to hear from him. 

Brian is 13 years old. His letter is dated June 9th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

How are you? I hope you are fine. How is your family? My family is fine. My country is fine and the weather is rainy. 

In my family I have my mother, father, and two brothers. It is not large and also they love God as their personal savior. 

I love going to church on Sunday and I also help my mother to do work at home, especially when we have closed school. I am in class 8, where I look forward to do the final exam to go to a better secondary school and to achieve my goals. 

I have accepted Jesus as my savior. I love God because he protects me and helps me when I'm in danger. My favorite color is red because our school uniform is red. My favorite foods are sweet and they smell good. Thank you for the letter. 

Before I end up, I have a memory verse to share. It comes from the book of Philippians, verse 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Thank you for your support and my God bless you. 

Brian

________________________________________________________________________________

Last up, a letter from Lazarus. It's great to hear from him. He will graduate from Compassion next March, so any letters I receive before then are wonderful. 

Lazarus is 21 years old. His letter is dated June 15th, 2015. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hi! Receive much greetings from me, hoping that you are fine. With me here in Kenya, I am fine. Even my family members are also fine. How about your family members? Thank you for writing to me and for the good questions. 

At school I am going on well with my studies. I'm working hard in order to achieve my goal of being a medical laboratory technician. I am also praying always that God will help me to meet my goals. During the holidays I usually help my parents in carrying out different tasks, like cleaning the compound and looking after the family cow and sheep. 

I thank you for the letters and stickers you send to me. I am glad to hear of you. I would like to inform you that after receiving my diploma, I wish to work in a hospital as a laboratory technician. Some of the classes I am taking are Hematology, Immunology, Blood Transfusion Systems, Histology, and Microbiology. I will also go for further studies for a degree in Medical Laboratory, still. I also wish to inform you that I always pray for peace in the United States and all over the world. 

Lastly, I request you to continue praying for me as I also pray for you and your family members. Thank you. 

Your Loving Son,
Lazarus

________________________________________________________________________________


1 comment:

  1. Yes - it was Kenya letter day! We received 9 letters yesterday and 7 of them were from Kenya. I expect a couple more today...

    ReplyDelete