Adsense

Monday, July 13, 2015

Two Letter Monday

July has proven to be a pretty slow month for letters, so far, but I was happy to find two letters in my mailbox today.

I got another letter from Allison. I just got a letter from her last week, so it was definitely a surprise! The letter I received today was actually written in January, so there was obviously a hold up somewhere, as the letter I got from her last week was written in March. I'm guessing this letter ended up at the bottom of some translation pile somewhere. I'm glad it finally made it's way to me.

Allison is 11 years old and lives in Ecuador. This letter was written January 25th, 2015.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus. How have you been? I'm fine because I'll finish my studies at school next year and then I'll enter high school. I like to be a studies girl and I want to study accounting and get my bachelor's degree (motivated little girl, isn't she?). How are you doing there? We are in the winter season and I like to read the bible with my family. My uncle Byron arrived home today, but he will soon leave us because he will go to Quevedo to accomplish his dreams. I'm very happy for my uncle Byron and I know that he will accomplish his dream. Well, I say goodbye in the name of Jesus. Take care very much. 

Allison

_________________________________________________________________________________

I also received a letter from Elias and let me tell you, I am over the moon! Correspondence from Ethiopia has been a bit of a struggle. I have been writing to Elias for over two years and, at first, I only heard from him 2-3 times a year. This year, I started receiving letters from him every two months (breakthrough #1), but they were still the same basic letter (weather, school, project, thank you for gifts, etc). Today, I received a letter right on time and it was full of chatty details. Breakthrough #2! 

Elias is 16 years old and lives in Ethiopia. He wrote this letter on May 9th, 2015. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

My dear, beloved sponsor, how are you? My family and I are in good health, thanks be to the Lord. I am now a 6th grader. School is going well. I am showing a lot of progress in my school results. The main subjects are Amharic, English, Math, and Environmental Science. I was very happy to have received your letter. Thank you. I love you. May the Lord bless you. My father passes his greetings to you. What has happened with what you told me about ? The 5th national election was held in our country. Pray for me that I will be a clever, successfuly, God-loving, and worshiping boy. Also that my father also will be a God-fearing man. Bye until we write to each other again. 

Elias

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment