Adsense

Thursday, July 2, 2015

First Letters of July!

I'm sure every sponsor thinks that, but I think I have some of the best letter writers there are. Especially my kids from India and Colombia. They are really just great. Agree?

First up, my letter from Lina. I can just imagine that Lina is Miss. Personality in person. I'm sad to hear that something is going on with her mother. I will definitely have to ask her about it.

Lina is 16 years old and lives in Colombia. She wrote her letter May 4th, 2015.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello, my dear sponsor. I want to tell you that I feel very happy to be able to write a letter to you, once again. Through this letter, I want to express my gratitude to you for everything you do for me because you're such a great blessing in my life. I also want to dedicate the following bible verse to you: Isaiah 60:1 and I hope you like it. I want to tell you that the situation at home is not very well and I ask you to please send me prayer for this situation to improve with my mom. I want to take this opportunity to talk to you a little bit more about my household. My mom, my sister, and I get together to talk. I want you to know that my favorite place in my house is my bedroom because I spend time alone with God in that place. I want to tell you that my house is made of bricks and cement. What is your house made of? I help to do our house chores. In response to your questions, I received Jesus as my savior during one of our retreats. I do know a popular story about children within our community, it is named "Rin Rin Renacuajo". I say goodbye for now and I pray for God to bless you. I forgot to tell you that I feel deeply grateful to you for the bonus you sent me because I was able to buy a pair of Converse tennis shoes and a blouse. 

Lina

________________________________________________________________________________

My other letter today was from Chintada. He seems like such a good young man. Just like with all of my kids, I sent Chintada a list of 11 questions about his home, project, and community. Some of my kids answer all of them, some answer a couple, and some don't answer at all, haha. Chintada picked a couple and answered them for me. 

Chintada is 19 years old and lives in India. His letter is dated April 11th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

Greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ. I and my family members are doing well by the grace of God. I hope and pray that you are also the same over there. 

I am so glad to get four letters and hear about your family. I am very happy you have asked the questions about me and my community. So, answering the questions you have asked me. There was eleven questions in your letter. But, sharing of two answers: My house is made of cement and bricks and there is electricity connection in my home. 

I am attending the project center regularly. I am learning new things at the project center, like good behavior, small group prayer, etc. The weather here is very hot. What is the weather in your area? Please pray for me and my family. I am praying for you everyday. 

Thanks in Christ's Love, 
Chintada

_________________________________________________________________________________




2 comments:

  1. Lina always writes such amazing letters!! I think that most of the credit lies in the child.... There are some countries that are better with reciprocal writing but our amazing letter writers are so scattered! Praise God that Lina accepted Christ! That's wonderful news. And I got a kick out of the fact that Chintada mentioned you asked 11 questions, but he was just going to answer 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get wonderful, detailed letters from all 3 of my kids in Colombia and have heard the same from other people with Colombian kids. I think the projects there really encourage letter writing.

      Yes, Chintada cracks me up. Boys, huh?

      Delete