Adsense

Monday, July 20, 2015

Happy Monday Mail

Sometimes, I feel bad for my mail carrier. I always have a ton of mail for her to pick-up. Some days, she has more mail to add to her bag than she does to drop off in my mailbox. That was the case for today. I went on a writing spree today and had 7 letters to mail. My mail carrier left me 3 letters in my mailbox.

I really need to get my mail carrier a gift. Maybe a gift card to somewhere would be lovely. Thank her for all that she does for kids all over the world.

Anyway, like I said, I received three letters today. First up, I will share a letter from my Nahomy, my newest cutie in Honduras. A group of sponsors just visited her project in Honduras and I have some new photos of her. You can view her photo in the sidebar to see her new headshot, but I will also share more later, probably tomorrow.

This letter is titled, "My Dreams." Nahomy is 9 years old and lives in Honduras. This letter is dated May 9th, 2015.

_______________________________________________________________________________



My Dreams 

1. Someday I would like to visit: My sponsor

2. Someday I would like to meet: My sponsor

3. Someday I would like to see: My sponsor

4. Someday I would like to do: Make bread 

5. Someday I would like to help my family with: Money

6. Someday I would like to be like: My mom

7. Someday I would like to meet my sponsor because: I want to talk with her 

8. When I grow up, I would like to be: A lawyer 


Hello my dear sponsor, Kayla. I want you to know that I am happy. I am joyful that you are my sponsor and I wanted to tell you that I'm in 4th grade. I like to go out on trips and I also like to go to church. I like to play dolls with my friends and cousins. I wanted to tell you my favorite food is hamburgers. I want you to pray for my family, for us to have good health, especially for my grandmother Manuela because she is ill in her bones. I want you to pray for her to recover soon. I want to ask you, do you go to any church? May God keep you. 

Nahomy 

________________________________________________________________________________


I received a first letter from Hassane. First letters are always exciting. It's that time, after you written a few letters to a new child, that you get that glimpse of their personality. When Hassane wrote this letter, it appears he had already gotten a letter from me, which is pretty quick turn-around since I've only been writing to him since April.

Hassane is 13 years old and lives in Burkina Faso. His letter is date June 10th, 2015.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I am in joy to write this letter and to receive your news. My family and I are well. I hope the same thing for you. Thank you for your financial support and for your prayers for my family and me. May God go with you. Very soon, we will be on vacation. I will help my parents to cultivate. How is the climate there? I want you to pray for my school. 

Goodbye,
Hassane 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I also received another letter from Florenc. He is really picking up his writing this year! This will be his 8th letter and it's only July! The beginning of his letter makes me laugh. I've been writing to him every month for as long as I can remember, so it's not like he has gone too long without a letter. 

Florenc is 16 years old and lives in Albania. He very rarely dates his letters. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Hello Kayla, 

I'm so happy that you wrote to me. For a moment, I thought you had forgotten me. The weather here is getting very beautiful everyday. The cherries have matured and they are so delicious. I see that you're well and you're having a good time with the kids at school. Children are kind and amusing. I'd like to be a child again because childhood is the best period of a person's life. We preserve the most beautiful moments of our lives there. How do you recall your childhood? Have you had your happy moments? Would you like to be a child again? 

School is almost over and the summer holidays are near. I'm happy and sad at the same time. For three months, I'm going to miss my friends and all the fun. Another year is over. 

I have to go now because I have things to do. Take care! 

Lots of Love,
Your Friend,
Florenc

________________________________________________________________________________





No comments:

Post a Comment