Adsense

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Letters to My Kids: June 2014

Hello everyone! June was a very crazy month for me and I only had time to write one "mass" email to my children. However, as I said in my last post, I did receive 22 letters this month, which means that I also wrote 22 reply letters, so a good majority of my children received two letters this month, all the same.

This month, though, my mass letter wasn't so mass and I won't be able to share an exact copy of my letter because I wrote 6 different letters this month. Wait...what?

This month, I wrote letters to my sponsored children about what fun activities there are for the children to do at my church in the summer. The activities I shared differed based on the age of the child I was writing to. Basically, I wrote each child what they would experience if they happened to attend my church in the summer. Here are the subjects I wrote about based on the ages of the children:

Preschoolers: VBS (children up until 5th grade attend VBS, but I only told the preschooelrs about it, because it's the only special activity this age group does in the summer.

Kindergarten-2nd Grade: Our five day long day camp

3rd Grade-5th Grade: Our five day long overnight camp (they attend this with the younger elementary school kids for a few hours each day and then stay after the younger kids have left for the day)

6th Grade-8th Grade: Our week long summer camp that is in a different city.

9th Grade-12th Grade: Our week long summer camp that is in a different state


For each letter, I just summed what the special activity included; singing, learning about the bible, playing games, swimming, arts and crafts, campfires, hearing speakers, etc. I also included pictures of the trips from last summer.

*Don't worry, I didn't include the faces of any of the children from my church, to protect their identities.* I took the photos off my church's Facebook page, though, so their faces are already there for the world to see. But, I included far away photos of kids playing soccer, swimming, seeing a skit, etc.

I attend a very large church with many activities for the hundreds of children we have that attend. It was fun to share some of these things with my sponsored children. In the next few months, I intend to share Sunday morning activities by age group, including Sunday school classes. It should be a fun letter to write!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun letter!! I bet your kids will be able to relate. I've been told by many of our kids that they've had summer camp or vbs.

    ReplyDelete