Adsense

Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Round of Letters!

July seems to be starting out with a bang, just like June did. I was so excited to open my mailbox yesterday morning and see three letters inside.

I received my first letter from my newest sponsored child, Enoc. I just sponsored him on June 8th, so it hasn't even been a month! I know that first letters are typically filled out before the child even has a sponsored and then it is sent on to speed up the process. But still, less than 4 weeks is really fast for it to get to me, I think.

Enoc is 3 years old and is from Honduras. This is the typical form letter for Honduras.

Side note: Enoc is soooo tiny, after reading his height and weight.

_________________________________________________________________________________



My Name: Enoc Isau
I am a: Boy
I live in: The Countryside
How old am I?
My favorite game: Soccer
I live with: My parents, my sister, my brother
My favorite meal:  Beans & spaghetti 
My height: 94 cm.
My weight: 28 pounds
My birthday: July 20th 

In the box set aside for his drawing he traced his hand and colored it pink. It's so tiny and cute!

________________________________________________________________________________

Next up is a letter from Solomon. He wrote on the My Typical Week form page. Then, as usual, there was a nice message written on the back. 

Solomon is 8 years old and lives in India. This letter is dated March 28th, 2014

________________________________________________________________________________



1. I wake up at 7:00 a.m every day.

2. In the morning, I usually brush my teeth. 

3. In the afternoon, I usually eat my food.

4. In the evening, I usually play and study. 

5. I go to sleep at 8:00 p.m every day. 

6. My favorite day of the week is Saturday because I play all day. 

Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Greetings to you in Jesus's name. I am project staff writing this letter on behalf of Solomon. He is fine by God's grace. Thank you for your loving prayers towards his family. As well, we too celebrate Valentine's Day on February 14th. On this day, they wore red clothes and gave gifts. He is very much thankful for your special love card you made for him. He likes the verse very much. He was excited to hear about your younger sister. He is happy to see him (her boyfriend) in the photo. They make nice couple. Here are Solomon's siblings: Older brother Praveen is 17 years old, older sister Esther is 13 years old and younger sister Mary is is 6 years old. Praveen is working, Esther is in 8th grade and Mary is in 1st grade. All together, they like to play hide and seek. Yes, his siblings Esther and Mary also attend the CDC project. (I'm surprised to hear that 3 children from their family all are enrolled in the project. I thought the limit was 2). He likes to watch cartoons on TV. No, he didn't sing and dance with the other children. VBS happened in his church. He enjoyed the VBS bible class. He will share about VBS in his next letter. Pray for him. He is also praying for you. 

Yours Sincerely in Christ

________________________________________________________________________________

To end, I received a letter from Derrick, one of my sweet Ugandan boys. He writes his letters completely in English and he does a great job, if I do say so myself. 

Derrick is 11 years old. This letter is dated April 30th, 2014. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

Thank you for the letters I received from you. Thank you for the pictures too. How was your sister's birthday? How are the children that you take care of? 

We are four children in our family. One girl and three boys. I am the first born. My sister is 3 years old. My brothers are 6 years old and 2 years old. I like to play ball games with my siblings. 

Our weather is warm and we also have some rains. 

I am now having a short holiday from school. My term one ended last week. I will be going back for term two mid May. I am now in Primary Five. 

I am thankful to God for the gift of life and for your care. Kayla, thank you for being my friend. God loves you and have a good day. 

Derrick 

_________________________________________________________________________________


7 comments:

  1. Great letters!!! I got one yesterday! Will share it on the blog soon! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading your letter!

      Delete
  2. I got three letters yesterday, too!

    I think the general limit of children from the same family involved is 2, but I'm sure there are exceptions based on need and availability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely surprised me. Solomon's family must really be in need. I'm so glad that Compassion is helping them.

      Delete
  3. Limit is 3 for sure :) I've read that many places and they taught it to us in our advocate training BUT each project is allowed to set their own limit of 1-3 and I think most settle in the middle with the number 2. (Exceptions are also allowed for multiples, I remember quadruplets being on the website and there was an article in Compassion Canada's magazine about another set of quads in the program)

    Haha Enoc isn't that little, my Franklin, age 6 told me he was 1.11 cm tall :p That's little ;) (I also don't doubt that got translated oddly lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At only 94 cm. tall and 28 pounds, Enoc is the size of the average 2 year in the U.S. He'll be 4 this month. I know that children are often smaller in other countries, due to malnutrition, but it is sad to see it written out like that.

      My guess is that Franklin meant that he's 1.11 meters tall, though, that seems a little short too.

      Delete
  4. I love how Solomon and Derrick shared about their siblings!! I always love learning about their families. That's crazy that Solomon has two siblings enrolled also. I'm glad Compassion is helping the family. And Enoch is adorable!!! I'm impressed you already received his letter!! What a cutie!!!!

    ReplyDelete