Adsense

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Three More for the Record Books

Isn't there a saying of some sort that talks about news coming in groups of three? Hmm...now that I think of it, maybe that's what they say about celebrity deaths. Oh well, it's too late to back out now. Lately, I've noticed that when I get mail, I seem to get them in groups of three. That's much better news that celebrity deaths, if I do say so myself.

Is this taking a morbid turn?

Let's stop chatting and just get to the letters:

My dear little Kwizera. I always call him little, even though he's turning 10 years old this year. I still picture him as that tiny, skinny guy I got in his very first photo. He's certainly growing up.

Kwizera lives in Rwanda. This letter is dated May 10th, 2014.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

Beloved special parent, I love you so much. First, greetings to you in the name of Jesus. How are you? I have the pleasure of writing this letter to you telling you about myself. It is sunny in my country. In school, I earned 71% on my exams and came in the 18th position in class. My dad hs been sick with scar in his neck. I love playing football. I love to worship God. I am well and happy. How are you doing? I am so thankful to you. I write to wish you a prosperous year. I was so delighted by the lovely letter you wrote. I felt so pleased. I thank you for that letter. Thank you! 

Kwizera 

________________________________________________________________________________

Next up, a letter from my sweet Brazlian girl, Maria. Her letters always have this upbeat air about them. She seems to be a very positive little girl. 

Maria is 10 years old. This letter is dated April 22nd, 2014

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla,

How are you? I hope you are well. I am okay. I want to say thank you for your letters to me and I like when you take time to write to me. I love your letters. My favorite colors are pink and red. I like children and I think they are cute. My mother is Marlene and my father is Francisco. My brother is Junior. I have a dog called Morena. Do you like animals? Which ones? Here, Brazil is very hot but sometimes it is raining. I ask the Lord to bless you always. 

With Love,
Maria

________________________________________________________________________________

Now, first letter fun! This time from my girl Lina, from Colombia. I love all letters from all of my sponsored children, but there is just something extra exciting about a first letter. I know that Compassion changed the policy so that correspondent sponsors don't receive the "first letter" template from correspondent children anymore, so I didn't get to learn any of that basic information. But, Lina wrote a pretty great letter, sharing about her community and herself. 

Lina is 15 years old and this letter is dated April 24th, 2014. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor,

I greet you a God bless you. I want to tell you that I'm happy because I already turned 15 years old. The city where I live is called Cali and it is a very nice and very big city. The neighborhood where I live is a very united neighborhood and people are very nice. The traditional food in my city is chicken and it is very delicious. I love it. In my city there are 3,474,695 million people and they are very friendly (all of them?! Haha). Do you have children? What are their names? I want to tell you that the neighborhood where I live is called "Union de vivienda popular". It is a small but very united neighborhood. The most common means of transportation in my city is called MIO (integrated transport system). What is the most common means of transportation in your city? I want to thank you for the gifts you send me and for supporting me monthly at the CDC. I want to ask you to pray for my family but especially for my mom because she is not in Cali. To answer your question, I do love children and I think it's something very nice about me and also that I'm joyful. I want to give you this verse: Proverbs 2:13. 

Lina

________________________________________________________________________________


Another great mail day! 



2 comments:

  1. Your Lina lives very close to my Colombian girl, Angie, who is also from Cali (with World Vision). I looked up Lina's neighborhood on Google Maps and it's in the exact same area of Cali that Angie is from. Very dangerous city, though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great letters!! And first letters are special... It makes it feel like the relationship has really begun!!

    ReplyDelete