Adsense

Monday, June 23, 2014

Two More Letters!

This has been a fantastic month for letters! Just wonderful. It's not surprising, though, since May was such a slow letter month. I'm already at 15 letters this month, which is a new record for me! I have to say, it's been pretty great to open my mailbox and see Compassion blue & cream and World Vision white & orange in there everyday. Yay mail!

First up, a letter from my sweet Xhuliano. This letter is just as expressive and open as all of his previous letters. I just love him so much.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear My Friend Kayla, 

I am very glad receiving letters from my wonderful friend. I will always express in my letters the thoughts that I have in my life. (I thanked him for being so open and honest with me in his letters) I still feel myself to be very young and I love receiving advice from you and I listen to them to become a good and smart boy. I was given the opportunity to have a wonderful friend who gives me beautiful ideas and good advice. I hope we will be close friends together. 

My goats gave birth to some kids. One of them gave birth to three male kids and the other gave birth to one male and one female. They are so cute. I love them a lot and I take care of them too. On February 28th, my goats gave birth to their kids and in the same day I received your letter, as well. So that day I received two big surprises! Reading your letter I felt so sad about your cat because I love animals very much. I send my condolences to you for your cat. 

I enjoyed celebrate New Year's Eve. Here, we spent the holiday nicely, as always. My parents and my sisters did not come here (Xhuliano is living with his grandmother) , because they did not have enough money to buy the tickets. My mom had left some money with my grandmother for me to celebrate New Year's Eve together with her. My sisters were very happy about the stickers that you sent and they want to thank you for them. 

My friend, I have a lot of dreams in my life. First, I want my dad to have good health and I want that he could bring a lot of money to build our house. I pray to God to meet these two dreams in my life. I love you very much! 

With Lots of Love,
Xhuliano

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next up, a letter from Jhon. As far as handwriting goes, Jhon has the best handwriting I've ever seen come from a teenage boy. It's just beautiful. He even dots his "i" with a little circle. 

In past letters, Jhon has shared that he's really interested in rhythmic gymnastics. I wonder how good he is at them. Who knows? Maybe he'll be in the Olympics someday! 

Jhon is 15 years old and lives in Bolivia. This letter is dated April 22nd, 2014. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello! I greet you with the peace of the Lord. I thank you so much for the beautiful letter, picture, and stickers. In answer to your questions, I know the story of Easter and it is impressive. I think that our Lord will come soon for his children and the earth will open up like the sky and there will be earthquakes and tsunamis. 

I am in good health, thanks to God, and I am so happy for the nice letters. I think that it is fun to be a nanny; the children whom you take care of are so beautiful. I learned the rhythmic gymnastics at school and I like it so much. It makes me happy to know that you like to gather fruits. 

I thank you so much for praying for me and my family. My family and I are in good health, thanks to God. I am doing well in my subjects at school. My brother Rodrigo is not studying, he is just working, Katherine is doing well in her studies and she is in 7th grade, Nicolas is learning because he is in 1st grade. They all are well. When we are at home we play soccer and basketball. 

What is the weather like there? Does it snow in your country? What is your favorite color? 

I send you a bible verse, please read Deuteronomy 6:13. I say goodbye with the peace of the Lord, with blessings. Please pray for me and my family. 

Jhon

_________________________________________________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. I always love Xhuliano's letters. I enjoyed reading about his goats this time!! And I enjoyed hearing Jhon update you on his family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 new goats! I bet they will be pretty busy taking care of all of them. Maybe they'll sell some of the males to make some money. I can't imagine them selling the female, as you can help produce more goats in the future.

      Delete