Adsense

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Earthquakes and Protection

I got two lovely letters! Whoo hoo!

The first is from Domenik in Albania. He is 7 years old and writes his letters on his own now. His letters, as you can imagine, are the longest or most detailed pieces of work, but I love knowing that the words are coming straight from Domenik.

I am very happy to hear that the kindergarten is under re-construction. In previous letters, Domenik's mother shared with me how bad the school was, building/safety wise.

________________________________________________________________________________


My Lovely Sister, 

How have you been? 

I am fine and I am having a good time. The weather here is unstable because sometimes it is cold and sometimes it's warm. How about your weather in your city? 

Today, on 5-19-2014 an earthquake occurred during the middle of the night. 

The kindergarten where I used to go, because now I am in the second grade, is under re-construction by World Visions. 

Hugs,
Domenik

________________________________________________________________________________

Next up, is a letter from Nikko, in the Philippines. Nikko is 15 years old. He is the oldest child in his family and I know he feels a lot of responsibility to care for everyone. He works hard at school and he always works with his uncle to sell secondhand clothing. 

This letter was written on February 15th, 2014

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Ms. Kayla, 

First of all, I'm greeting you and your family. As for me here, I'm doing well in God's grace. How are you there? Here, sometimes it is cold and sometimes very hot, but God for all seasons. 

Here in our place, during rainy season children play outside in the rain. I'm happy reading your letter and am learning many things from you. I am also happy that I am the eldest because I play with them and will protect them against their enemies. Do you have siblings? How old are they? 

I'm hoping that you'll help me to pray for our protection in God with my family. I'll end here. Thank you very much for always hoping everybody is in good health. 

Love, 
Nikko

Verse: Philippians 1:3 I thank my God every time I remember you

_________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading that Domenik's school is under construction. What a blessing!! And Nikko sounds like such a sweet older brother!!!

    ReplyDelete