Adsense

Sunday, July 22, 2012

You Can't Outgive God

You guys, I have sponsored another child. My count is now up to 5. Am I insane?

I just couldn't help it.

I have recently interviewed for a part time job at my church. I have been pretty confident that I was going to be offered this job. (Confident much? Haha). I told myself that if I got this job, I would be able to sponsor 1-3 more children, depending on what other financial needs popped up. And being over confident in myself, I began to search for which children I would want to sponsor.

Lately, God has been giving me ideas and visions of an Ethiopian boy. I could almost see him clearly; dark skin, big dark eyes, bright clothing. It was all there! I began to search the website for this boy and when I saw him, I just knew that he was meant to be mine.

I bookmarked him. I haven't been able to go a few hours without looking at his beautiful face.

Here's the catch, this job at my church was only going to work out if several other things lined up perfectly. One of those things was my shift at the daycare (my full time job). I currently work 8:30-5:30. To work the job at my church too, I'd have to be there around 3:45 a couple nights a week. To do this, I would need to switch to the 6:30-3:30 shift at the daycare. I asked my supervisor about this. She came back to me on Friday saying that it just wasn't going to work out for me switch shifts at this time.

I was utterly disappointed. I know my supervisor could hear and see my disappointment (I was trying so hard to sound positive, it didn't work).

I haven't been offered the job at my church (yet), but it appears that, in that one short moment, that even if my church offers it to me, I will have to turn it down.

I was thinking, well, I guess the job at my church just isn't meant to be. I won't sponsor anymore children. It's okay.

Well, according to God, it wasn't okay. This little boy from Ethiopia that I've had my eye on, is actually meant to be mine. Seriously. I just kept praying about it. God has shown me that he truly is meant to be mine.

I had no idea where this money was coming from. But then, yet again, God showed me how I'm going to do it. No more meals out. No restaurants, no ordering pizza, no Chinese food, no Mcdonalds. I will save enough money each month to sponsor him. This may sound crazy, but as a single woman who doesn't cook well, I eat out a lot. Looks like I will be learning how to cook! And for cheap!

God is truly going to provide. It's crazy how much God will show us when we're willing to listen to him.

I feel nothing but a sense of peace since I pushed that "Select this Child" button. God is great.

So without further ado here is my new kiddo. This is 8 year old Yonas. He's from Ethiopia. He has dark skin, dark eyes, and a brilliantly blue shirt.

He is so loved already.


Name: Yonas
Birthday: December 12th
Age: 9
Grade: 3
School Performance: Average
Lives with: Aunt (Unemployed)
Siblings: 4
Mother: Alive
Father: Deceased
Family Duties: Running Errands & Cleaning
Activies: Soccer

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you sponsored Yonas! I feel like I missed so much while in Haiti :). Did anything ever come of the job opportunity at your church? Congratulations on Yonas!

    ReplyDelete