Adsense

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Abu's Gift (With a Picture!)

Back in April, with the help of my wonderful friend Ali, I was able to send Abu $75 to spend on a family gift.

This week, only two and half months later (!!!), I got a letter and a picture of how that money was spent. I have probably stared at this picutre for a few hours total since I received it. Abu has grown so much, I just can't believe it. He doesn't look like a little kid anymore! He's so much taller than I last remember him and he's so super skinny. I'm a little worried about how skinny his arms are. I hope he's getting enough to eat because no food was bought with this money.

Besides seeing the wonderful gifts, I noticed that Abu is also wearing the tennis shoes that I sent him for Christmas. How exciting is that?! It looks like they are a little beat up. I should probably send him so more. Sending him tennies shoes cost a lot of money in shipping, so I think I'm going to go with flip flops/sandels in a big envelope this time. It's really nice to see the tennis shoes, because I never got confirmation that he had received the package, which also included a soccer ball.

Anyway, onto the part you are all dying to see, the picture!!!

Check out my handsome 10 year old!


From what I can see, he bought a goat (beyond excited about the goat!), a school bag, school supplies, and a red bag full of something. (I'm assuming clothes? blanket? something made out of fabric...)


Here is the letter he wrote:

Dear Kayla,

Abu-Bakarr and his family extends many thanks to you for the 75 U.S dollars you sent for him and it was received with happiness and many prayers, and Abu said thank you, Kayla. He said the gift was receive with thanks and he was very grateful with all the items they bought with the money and if you look at the picture you can see for yourself. Thank you Kayla. The family of your child once more thanks you for the gift you sent for him and it was received with many thanks. It plays a good impact on him and his family.

With Many Love,
Your child Abu


They pretty much repeated the same thing over and over again. The translator used really big handwriting and it kind of seemed like he was trying to write a whole page. Haha. Oh well. A letter and a picture. Can't get better than that! 



The goat is such a wonderful blessing. I know from stories from other sponsors, goats are so important to a family living in poverty. His family can now have fresh milk to both drink and sell in the market to make more money. Later on, they can breed the goat to have more (hopefully females for awhile) to start their own small business selling milk, and eventually goats. I can't wait to learn more about their new goat.

Plus, the goat has a white heart on her head. How cute!

I just feel so blessed to be a blessing to this little boy living 5,000 miles away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment