Adsense

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Visiting Abu!

Wow, a lot has been happening lately!

For the last few months, I've been having at least one dream a week of me visiting Abu. They haven't been real realistic dreams, because, well...they're dreams. For example, one was set in New York, one was us playing a concert in the Sydney Opera House, haha. However, in each dream, Abu was clear and I know I was so happy to see him and hug him in each of my dreams.

I've been praying about getting to visit him and I feel like it's time to get the process started.

It's terrifying and exciting all at the same time!

Now, here's the hard part. I already ask you for a lot. I ask you to sponsor children, I ask you donate your money to good causes, and I ask you pray for your soul, on occasion.

This time, I ask you for another thing.

To go on this trip, I will need funds. Funds that I just don't have on my own. Teaching preschool in a daycare center doesn't exactly pay the big bucks.

But, God has put this on my heart and I know that he will provide everything I need to go to Sierra Leone.

To start, I'm going to fundraise through my blog. I have added a "Chip-In" widget to the sidebar of this blog. You can find it right under the pictures of my sponsored children. Clicking on the Chip-In button will take you to the donation page. There, you can donate money through PayPal. Using PayPal, you can trust that all of your money will be transferred safetly and securely. Nothing will go to a 3rd party, at all.

If you choose to donate money, please use the "Gift" option to donate, then no fees are taken out.

Also, if you choose to donate money for my trip, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. You're a wonderful person!

And now, for a little inspiration for both us. This is what I want to see:











4 comments:

  1. Aah, so excited for you!! I'm hoping to meet some of my kids in the next year. When are you planning on going? I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

    ~Hannah~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to have the money and everything set up so I can call World Vision at the beginning of 2013. I'm hoping to be able to go in July of 2013.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness this is very exciting!!! I so want you to meet Abu! Meeting Rosa was just an amazing experience, and I want everyone to have this experience. You will be in my prayers as you pursure this desire. I had many dreams of meeting Rosa before I met her, but for someone reason I always seemed to miss the bus or forget my camera or something in my dreams haha. I'm hoping to meet some more of my children next year :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally rather forget my camera than miss the plane or bus that got me to Abu! However, not having the pictures of the day would be so sad. I am so excited for next summer. I wish it was July 2013 already, even though I have nothing prepared and no money raised! Haha.

      Delete