Adsense

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Praying, Praying, Praying

It's been a week since God put visiting my beautiful sponsor boy, Abu, on my heart. I am literally having dreams about visiting him every single night.

I long to hug him and to touch his face.

I long to meet his sweet grandmother and thank her for taking such good care of him.

I long to talk to Abu, to ask him about his dreams in life, to ask him about his favorite things, to ask him to show me the letters I've written him.

I long to see where Abu lives, to meet his siblings, to see his school, to meet his best friends.

I long to visit the World Vision office in Sierra Leone, to learn how everything works, to see letter translation and the employees in action.

I am praying and praying and praying. I will be praying until the day I get to see him. The only obstacle in my way right now, is raising the money to see him. The plane ticket will be about $3000. After that for food, hotels, gifts, transportation, and translator/tour fees, it'll be another $2000 or so. This amount of money just seems impossible to me. I know that it is not impossible for God. So, for now, I am praying. For fundraising, for open doors, for possibility, for hope.

Will you please join me in praying for this opportunity to see Abu? Prayer is so powerful, especially when done in a large group.

If you wish to do more than pray, you can donate money towards my trip using the Chip-In box on the right of my profile. If you choose to donate, please use the GIFT OPTION to donate. If you don't choose the gift option, they will take out money for fees. Thank you for reading my blog!


Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and it will be opened to you."


Matthew 21:22 "And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith."


John 14:13-14 "Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it."


John 15:7 "If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."


Matthew 6:9-13 "Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliever us from evil"





Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment