Adsense

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Letters to the Kiddos

This round of letters was fun for me. As a teacher, I enjoy anytime I can teach something to a child. Something that they don't have too much prior knowledge of especially. I love seeing how children react to seeing something for the first time.

A few months back, my friend Deborah created this awesome sea turtle cards with each of my kiddos' names on the front. There is a great coloring sheet on the back. The inside was blank.

On the inside, I wrote six different facts about sea turtles: what they eat, how long they live, how much they weigh on average, and I talked about how mother sea turtles lays her eggs on the beach and then swims away. I talked about how God has given the mother sea turtle an exact clock, so she knows exactly when to return to get her newly hatched babies.

I also included three pictures of sea turtles and some fun sea stickers.

I have fun with this one!

3 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Yes, I'm creeping, but Rosie put your blog on facebook, and I am always looking for ideas to send my little gril in El Salvador. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not creeping! I would love to have more and more people read this blog.

      Feel free to take my ideas for letters. If you click on the link on the side that says "Letters" you'll see other letters I've sent.

      Delete
    2. Sweet, thanks!

      Delete