Adsense

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Touching...Friday?

I know it's not Tuesday, but my heart has been tugged on by another child.

Recently, I heard that with World Vision, when a child turns 14 years old he/she ages of the program. They no longer receive services such as a free education and health care and the such. They still receive some services that are provided for the community, but that's it. To me, being out on your own at 14 sounds terrifying. I remember being 14. Being on my own to pay for school, doctor appointments, clothing, food, etc would have been horrible. I probably wouldn't have made it.

To a child waiting for a sponsor, this is even worse. Imagine how long this child has been waiting to be chosen to be sponsored. Always hoping that somebody will love them and give them a chance at a better future. These older children are probably dreading their 14th birthday so they don't have to be on their own. Won't somebody love these older children? There a TON of them on the website.

I want to share one of those children with you now...

Name: Goodness (How can you not fall in love with a name like that?!)
Location: Ghana
Age: 13
Birthday: September, 8th, 1998


Please choose this boy! He deserves love just as much as a younger child.

No comments:

Post a Comment