Adsense

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Touching Tuesday #4

I love Tuesdays! I love sharing children that need sponsors with you all.

In the last week I have learned about how children involved in World Vision only have until they turn 14 to find a sponsor. After age 14, they are dropped from the program and are out of chances of receiving a sponsor at all. They still get some benefit from living in the community, but most will probably be back to not being able to afford school and everything they need without a financial sponsor. I just can't handle my feelings about a 14 year old just being on their own in the world. Could you have survived on your own at age 14? I would have never made it.

I'm also not surprised that both of these young people are boys. People go for the sweet little girls first, then probably even to the teen girls next. Then the boys begin to get sponsored. What is it our 1st world logic where we decide that girls deserve to be released from poverty more than boys? God has given me a heart for the boys of the world and I would really love to see these young men get a sponsor this week. Can we do it blog world?!

*Edit* A friend mentioned that girls in these areas of the world are generally treated horribly, being forced to work instead of going to school, as well as being treated as if they are lower than the animals in the community. I do know the truths of girls in 3rd world countries, but I chose not to think about that when I was talking about how girls are sponsored first. It now makes complete sense about why that is the case. I apoligize to anybody that I offended through my comment. Sometimes I don't think before I speak...er...type.

They both turned 14 last month. I'm not sure how much longer they will be given a chance.


Name: Naveen
Age: 14
Birthday: November 5th
Location: India
* Look at the pain in his eyes. He knows that his time is limited. Wouldn't it be great to see some light in those eyes?



Name: Gregorio
Age: 14
Birthday: November 2nd
Location: Mexico
* Before you judge him based on the face he is giving the camera, think about this. He is 14 years old. Who knows how long he's been waiting for a sponsor. I'd give the camera a dirty look too. He's probbaly feeling pretty hopeless and masking it with attitude.


Please sponsor these boys! Spread the news about them to all of your friends! If you choose to sponsor one of them after seeing them on my blog, please leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment