Adsense

Monday, November 21, 2011

Mondays are Hard Sometimes

For those of you who don't know, I'm a preschool teacher.

Mondays are hard.

I think Mondays are hard for any teacher. Your students have had two days at home. Two days where they have (most likely) ran around doing errands with their family, played wildly, and not gotten enough sleep.

I think as a preschool teacher, Mondays can get even more difficult. Older children can adapt more easily to the non-structure of home over the weekends and then changed over to the structure of school again. 3, 4, and 5 years olds cannot do this as well. My Monday mornings are usually chaotic and difficult, full of misbehavior and constant reminder of the rules we have in place to keep each other safe. The mornings are full of many owies, hurt feelings, and temper tantrums.

On the upside, the kiddos are usually so tired from the weekend and from being crazy all morning, that falling asleep at naptime is usually quick and painless and lasts the full two hours.

I came home on my break hoping for some mail from the children I sponsor but found an empty mailbox. It's been a week of no letters. I can't help but be disappointed.

Mondays are hard sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. I work at a preschool/daycare center and totally know what you mean about Mondays! I work in the toddler class more frequently now, but the 2 year olds are the same way. Mail will come..and while I don't know much about mail out of DR I know that mail from India can sometimes be a bit infrequent, but also come in clumps. It will definitely be worth the wait! My sister just received a letter yesterday night from her girl in India and after almost 2 years of not very open letters, she finally said I love you!

    ReplyDelete