Adsense

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Freily Mateo!

Today, I logged onto my Compassion International account and I saw that I had been assigned another correspondence child! My heart nearly leaped out of my chest when I saw him, I was so excited. Without further ado, here he is!



About Freily

Birthdate: 2/17/2002
Age: 9
U.S School Grade Equivlalent: 3
School Performance: Average
Family Duties: Running Errands, Cleaning, Carries Water
Hobbies and Sports: Group Games, Cars, Ball Games
Guardians: Mother and Stepfather (Parents are divorced, but birth father is still supporting the family)
Guardian Employment: Stepfather is a baker & mother is unemployed

About Child Development Center

Name: Divino Maestro Student Center
Opened: 10/28/1997
Last Update Date: 3/27/2002
School Year Begins: September

Your child lives on the plains of San Felipe, Villa Mella, home to about 10,000 people. Typical houses are constructed of cement floors, wood walls, and corrugated tin roofs. The most commonly language spoken is Spanish.

The regional diet consists of chicken, bread, plantains, and rice. Common health problems in this area include parasites and dental decay. Most adults are unemployed but some work as day laborers and earn the equivilant of $117 a month. This community needs law enforcement, potable water, and drug and alcohol abuse rehabiliation programs.

Community

Warmest Month: August
Average warmest temperature: 93 degrees F
Coldest Month: January
Average coldest temperature: 66 degrees F
Climate: Humid
Terrain: Plains/Flat Land
Planting Months: March/April
Rainy Months: May/June
Harvest Months: September/October
Illness Months: January/June/December



It's amazing how I can see a picture of a child for less than a minute and already be completely in love with him. I love being a child sponsor!

No comments:

Post a Comment