Adsense

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Three Letter Tuesday: Volume 18

It's Tuesday! 

It's 7:30 a.m and I leave for work at 8:00 a.m. 

Let's see if I can focus enough to get these typed up before I leave. ;) 

Super typing powers: ENGAGE!. 

Today's first letter comes from Yohannis. It's just a short letter, a few sentences long. Yohannis lives in Ethiopia, where it's not only a different month than it is here, it's an entirely different year. They follow a different calendar than the rest of the world, so it can get confusing, at times. 

Yohannis is 9 years old. His letter is dated (according to our calendar) September 25th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you? Me and my family are fine. I am very happy to receive your letter. Me and my family are very glad to hear from you. Now it is January here. That is the month where we start class and meet new friends, so I am very happy! Goodbye! 

Yours,
Yohannis

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next is a letter from my eternally chatty guy, Daniel. It's been such a pleasure getting to know him all these years! 

Daniel is 13 years old and lives in Colombia. His letter is dated September 1st, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello, dear sponsor. How have you been doing? I am grateful for your sponsorship all this time. My last medical checkup was in January 2018 because my chest was hurting a lot. I went to the doctor with my dad and I was happy that they examined me. My doctor advised me to eat lots of fruits and vegetables, drink plenty of water, and participate in sports. They examined my chest with a stethoscope. I want to ask you some questions. When is your birthday? What is your favorite food? Where do you live? I want to tell you that we have many activities in our CDC, like music, sports, academic reinforcement, cooking, and medical checkups. I also want to tell you that I am doing well in school. God has blessed my family. Our CDC took us to fly kites on August 23rd. Our church took us to fly kites too. I say goodbye with a bear hug and a kiss. I will be praying for you and your entire family. I ask you to pray for me and my family too. I give you this bible verse: Jeremiah 29:11. 

Daniel 

_________________________________________________________________________________

We end today's post with another letter from the same country, this time from Lina. I must say, that out of all of my kiddos, the kids from Colombia have always been the most chatty of the bunch, right from the get-go. 

Lina is 19 years old and wrote this letter on September 9th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Greetings to you and may God bless you. How have you been? I want to tell you that my family and I are doing great because finally, after 10 years of not seeing my father, I will be able to visit him soon. I also want to tell you that my last medical checkup was in April of this year. It was my yearly checkup at the project. I was there with the doctor and I felt calm. She weighed me and measured me and she recommended medicine for gastritis and for my menstrual cramps. Where do your parents live? What do they do for a living? About your questions, the doctor recommended regular visits to her for tests to find out why my menstrual cramps hurt so much. Thank you for your spiritual and economic help. Please pray for my brother as he does his military service. Also pray for a house for my family. I want to say goodbye. I hope that God protects you and blesses you always. I want to share Psalm 86: 1-17 with you to meditate on. 

Lina

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment