Adsense

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Five Letter Friday (On a Saturday): Volume 16

Well, it seems like posting a day late is a theme for this week. It's been a pretty high-anxiety and difficult week for me, so I'm not surprised things like blogging have fallen by the wayside. I will get back on track next week.

But since the week isn't over yet, I can still post five letters for you all to read.

We'll start with a letter from Rebecca, who is being her typical chatty self. I love that, of course!

Rebecca is 10 years old, lives in the Philippines, and her letter is dated August 18th, 2018.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Ate Kayla, 

Good day! How are you and your family? We are fine here. I joined the A1 Child Competition and I won. We are done with our English test and also the test in Values Education and I got perfect scores. I don't know about the other results. I sleep on the wooden floor and I place my foam mat on top. The distance between my house and the learning center is 3 km. Our water supply comes from the water district. What's your weather there? Until now, my father has not found a job because of his rheumatism. That's what it's hard for him to find work. Every October, I attend Girl Scout camping. What people here usually do during vacation is go to the beach to swim, but this time we are having a family reunion. Please pray for me so that I can submit all of my projects into school, like a world map. Thank you so much and God bless you. 

Love,
Rebecca

________________________________________________________________________________

Our next letter comes from the same country, from Jhonrex. This young man is so ridiculously inspiring to me. Even though he's now an adult, he continues to try to succeed in school. I know that it's been insanely hard for him. His perseverance is something I aspire to have.

Jhonrex is 18 years old, lives in the Philippines, and he wrote this letter on August 24th, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hi, I am thankful to God that you always send me a letter and I am thankful that you are always praying for me. I am doing fine in my studies and I'm now in 7th grade. Please pray for good health, especially for my mother's pregnancy this time around. How have you been? What course did you finish? Til' your next letter. 

Respectfully Yours, 
Jhonrex 

________________________________________________________________________________

Next is a letter from Brian, who seems to really enjoy the stories I've been sending this year. :) 

Brian is 16 years old, lives in Kenya, and he wrote this letter on September 8th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

It has been good hearing from you once more. I am so happy to hear that you are fine. I hope that your family is fine too. As for me and my family, we're doing fine. In my country is sometimes hot and sometimes cold. I got your letter and I really enjoyed reading it. The story about the prince and the princess, I really enjoyed. It was so funny, I even read it to my cousins. They enjoyed it too. We are now heading towards the longest holiday, which is in December, where we celebrate the birth of Jesus. I wish you all the best as you celebrate. Read Philippians 2:6-10. 

Goodbye,
Brian

_________________________________________________________________________________

We now move onto our only template letter for this particular blog post. It is from Samuel and he wrote to me on the My House template. 

Samuel is 7 years old and is from Honduras. His letter is dated September 5th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. In my house, I sleep in: A bed 

2. In my house, we get water from: A tank 

3. My house is made of: Cement blocks 

4. The floor in my house is made of: Ceramic 

5. My house has a roof made of: Corrugated Iron 

Hello Dear Kayla, 

It is Samuel's brother who is writing to you. I hope you are well in health, beside your loved ones. I want to tell you that my brother is doing well in his classes. He is going into 4th quarter. He is well in health. He wants to ask you what will you do for your next birthday? What will you eat? What is your favorite color? I leave you, wishing you that God blesses you each day of your life. I hope to have news from you soon. Please pray for my life and my family's life. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

The last letter of today's post comes from Jhojaira. Just a short note, compared to other of her letters, but I cherish it, none of the less. Such a wonderful young woman. 

Jhojaira is 14 years old, lives in Peru, and her letter is dated September 15th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus. I want to tell you that these months, I am well and am spending more time with my parents. I am excited because my 15th birthday is coming and here in Peru, it's an important day. I thank you for the story you wrote in the letter. I liked it a lot and it was the first time I had heard that story. It was funny. Do you like to read a lot? Please pray for me to do better in school and also for my family to be united always. I say goodbye with much love. 

Jhojaira

_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment