Adsense

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Three Letter Tuesday: Volume 17

Today's three letters just happen to all come from Asia. So I think that's pretty cool!

We start today with a very first letter from Hansen. He is among the group of children that were transferred over to me from another correspondent sponsor, so parts of his letter are in response to letters written to him.

Hansen is 12 years old and lives in Indonesia. His letter is dated September 20th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


Shalom Sister Kayla, 

How are you doing over there? I am doing just fine here. I have heard and read about the Grand Canyon, but I have never seen it. I think the Grand Canyon is a great creation made my God. Bowling only exists in big cities and we don't have it in our city. I took a first aid training at the project. This training helped me a lot. I have never joined any VBS program. This year, I didn't do any special thing on my birthday. My parents simply prayed for me and I considered myself 12 years old. My family members are Sugiono, Febe, Kharis, and Eunike. My favorite thing to do is play games. My house is very comfortable because there is a garden behind it and there is a street in front of it. However, I feel hot sometimes because the glass windows are limited. That's all now for my letter. God bless you. 

Regards, 
Hansen 

________________________________________________________________________________

We move onto a letter from the same country, but from a sweet girl named Prity this time. 

Prity is 9 years old, is from Indonesia, and she wrote her letter on September 8th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Shalom, 

Prity is happy to receive your letter. Hopefully you are doing well. My family and I are doing well. I am happy to read the story about the ugly duckling. It is a moral story and we are taught to not insult others even though they are different, because nobody knows what will happen in the future. Now I am in the 4th grade of primary school. Praise God that I got good outcomes in the last semester. Please pray for me to do well at school. My family and I always pray for you and family to be healthy and blessed in all your work. 

Until I hear from you again, with love,
Prity

_________________________________________________________________________________

We end today with a letter entitled My Hobbies & Pets from Jaw-bu-keh. 

Jaw-bu-keh is 7 years old and lives in Thailand. His letter is dated September 12th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. Some of my hobbies are: Playing sports and games 

2. I like to do my hobbies with: My friends 

3. Do you have a pet? No 


Dear Kayla, 

Hello, I am a project worker writing on behalf of Jaw-bu-keh because he is young and can't write by himself. He and his family would like to thank you for sending a gift. He spent the money on shoes and long pants. He keeps the remaining amount for pocket money. He is asking if you are fine. He and his family are doing well. He attends school every day. In his place, there was a wrist-tying ceremony. He enjoys attending project activities, singing songs, and dancing with his friends a lot. He is asking if there is a wrist-tying ceremony in your country. Finally, he would like to request that you pray for him and his family's work and health. May God bless you. 

Love in Christ

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment