Adsense

Friday, October 19, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 18

This week flew by!

Preschool was a flurry of fun activities and crazy kiddos.

Tomorrow, I will spend the entire day at a high school marching band competition, which I will love.

It is 10:45 p.m on Friday and I am exhausted.

But before I go to bed, I have five letters from five wonderful children to share with you.

We start with a letter from Jonatan. I love when my kiddos get old enough to carry on a conversation through letters, including asking their own questions for me to answer.

Jonatan is 11 years old and lives in Colombia. His letter is dated September 7th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I am so grateful to greet you and to hear from you. Thank you for telling me stories about Pinocchio and about the hen with the golden eggs. Pinocchio's story is very interesting because it teaches us that we must not lie. One of God's commandments is that we must not lie. I want to tell you that I went with my parents and my siblings to a park called Los Fundadores and we had a great time. Are there many parks in your country? What are their names? I attend the church at my project. It is called World Missionary Movement. What is the name of the church you go to? I give you the beautiful biblical promise in Matthew 19:14. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Up next is a letter from my name-twin, Keyla. As seems to be pretty popular lately, she has written to me on the My Hobbies and Pets template. 

Keyla is 8 years old, lives in Ecuador, and she wrote her letter on September 12th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My favorite hobby is: To play tag 

2. I enjoy my hobby with: My friends at church 

3. I practice my hobby on: Saturday and Sunday 

4. Do you have a pet? No, but I would like to have a cat someday. 

Please pray, dear sponsor Kayla, for my dad who is sick. I want to thank you for the letter you sent. I also say thank you for the story and the picture to color. I am fine and I send you all my love. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Next is a joyfully chatty letter from Ronaldo. It's been such a blessing getting to know this young man. I will certainly miss him when he graduates in just a few months. 

Ronaldo is 21 years old, lives in Colombia, and his letter was written on September 11th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Kayla, 

How are you? May God bless you. I'm very happy to write to you. It is so good to hear the story of Jack and the magic beans. I also love the picture of the sun and moon you sent me to color. You make me relive my childhood! Kayla, I am health tutor at the project, but I am not actually with the children. I am in charge of keeping track of their medical check-up records. By the way, in the month of May, I had a routine medical check-up in the project and my mom was there with me. We were concerned because I was having some neck pain. The doctor prescribed some pills. We really liked knowing that it was nothing serious. Now that I am working at the project, I have realized how good it is to help others. I owe that much to you. May God reward you. Next time, could you tell me about some popular, fun event in your country? I ask you to pray for my family. I say goodbye to you sharing this verse with you from Proverbs 24:3. I love you. 

Ronaldo

________________________________________________________________________________

We move onto a letter from Nicol, who I think it quite an amazing writer for such a young child. I can't wait to get to know her more and more over the years. 

Nicol is 9 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. Her letter is dated September 24th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Friend Kayla, 

May the love of God be with you. My family and I are fine and healthy. Thank God I'm doing well at school. I've improved my reading. I'm working hard at it. I'm doing well spiritually. I'm learning that sin separates us from God. It doesn't reflect God's image on us. It's hurricane season in my country and the climate is unstable. We are under the storm Isaac's warning and it is raining a lot. It causes flooding the vulnerable zones, but where I live isn't affected, thank God. Thank you for your letter and the beautiful story and pictures. Is there a storm warning in you country this year? I ask you to please pray for the flooding in the vulnerable areas. I say goodbye with love. 

Nicol

________________________________________________________________________________

We'll end today's post with a letter from Shakilla. Her letter is written on the My Holidays/School Break template. 

Shakilla is 6 years old and lives in Rwanda. Her letter is dated September 25th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. My holiday/school breaks are in the months of: April, August, November, and December 

2. My school break last for: 2 weeks in the 1st and 2nd term and for 2 months during the 3rd term. 

3. My favorite thing to do during my holiday/school break is: Playing with others 

4. My favorite person to spend my holidays/school break with is: My older sister Uwase 

5. One thing I would like to during my holiday/school break is: Revising notes 

6. One person I would like to visit during my holidays/school break is: My grandmother 

Dear Kayla, 

Your sponsored child greets you in the name of Jesus. She and her family are fine. She thanks you for your letter, which was full of thoughtful words. She is in the 3rd term at school. She got 82% marks in the 1st term and 80% marks in the 2nd term. Pray for her to improve. Her family sends you greetings. 

Love, 
Shakilla

_________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment