Adsense

Friday, October 12, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 17

It's that time of the week.

It's October 12th.

It snowed for 3 hours here today.

On October 12th.

Ridiculous.

But yet, I have five letters to share with you today.

Let's get down to business...

Today's first letter comes from Acram and it's written on the My Christian Learning template.

Acram is 7 years old, lives in Tanzania, and is dated September 15th, 2018.

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. I learn the most about the Christian God from: A teacher at the project center 

2. My favorite Bible story is: Jonah and the big fish 

3. My favorite bible verse is: Mark 10:14

4. My favorite thing I learned about Jesus is: Jesus loves children 

5. When I pray to Jesus, I pray about: Peace, happiness, and good health 

Acram says thank you so much for the nice letter that you sent him and his parents. He is on school holiday from 9-7 and the school will open again on 9-24. 

________________________________________________________________________________

The next letter comes from Ayling, who apparently already has Christmas on her mind. Considering this letter was written in August, that's quite surprising. 

Ayling is 11 years old and is from Nicaragua. Her letter is dated August 21st, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I hope in God that you are in very good health. I am very happy to be able to write to you. I thank you for continuing to sponsor me and for the letters you have sent me. I tell you that my mom and I are happy because I'm going to graduate this year, in the same month that we celebrate Christmas. I will be finishing elementary school. It is an achievement reached, thanks to God. The month of December is very happy in my country because of Christmas. It is very colorful. How is Christmas celebrated in your country? I want to ask you if you have a favorite pet. I ask for your prayers for my family. I am always praying for you so that God will bless you and protect you. I say goodbye with much affection and hugs, waiting with joy for your next letter. 

Attentively, your sponsored child, 
Ayling

________________________________________________________________________________

Another letter from the same country, we now read a letter from Gary. He sent a really sweet drawing with this letter. Such a sweet young man. 

Gary is 17 years old and lives in Nicaragua. He wrote this letter on August 10th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Hello from your sponsored child, Gary. Thank you for your sponsorship. I expect you are in good health. Thank you for your letters and for all the stories you have shared. I am very happy about the story of Goldilocks. I have been excited about the story from the first time I read it in your letter. When I went home, the very same story was on television. I am happy at the project center. I am attending the classes at the project. My family is in good health, thank God. I attended a medical check-up and am waiting for the results. In Nicaragua, the situation has improved a little bit. You still have to be careful, because young people are a risk for being taken by gangs or be in the protests. The population still lives in chaos. I am very happy that you are doing well at your work with the children. I hope you enjoy your holidays with your family and friends. I want to ask you some questions. How are the children that you cared for previously? Are you attending church? On your days off, do you practice a sport? I tell you that the project soccer league started again and I will play with my classmates. I will wear jersey number 17. The jerseys will be black and red. I pray for you and your work so that God will help you and give you wisdom in a great way so that you can share it with the children. I say goodbye to you. 

Your sponsored child, 
Gary



_______________________________________________________________________________

Up next is a letter from Brisa. Her letter is written on the template entitled The Weather. 

Brisa is 7 years old, lives in Nicaragua (a popular place in this post), and her letter is dated August 16th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. Nicaragua only has two seasons; rainy and dry. Right now we are in: Rainy Season 

2. When the weather is sunny, I like to: Play outside 

3. When the weather is rainy, I like to: Play in the rain 

4. The problems with the rainy season are: Flooding

5. My favorite weather is: Rainy 

Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Good afternoon! God bless you. I want to tell you thank you for the sponsorship you are giving me. I am praying for you and your family. I want to tell you about an experience I had in school. From my teacher, I am learning to multiply and use a ruler. Also, I learned about the personal care of my body; that I have to wash my body, brush my teeth, and clean my nails. I like to learn how to take care of myself. I also learned I have to be a kind and respectful person; always helping people with a smile. I have not had the opportunity to learn to play piano, but I would like to someday. I am a good child with my mom and a good student at school and in the project. Hugs and kisses. Take care. 

With Love,
Brisa

_________________________________________________________________________________

The last letter for today comes from Nicol in Colombia. Her letter is written on the My Medical Check-Up template. 

Nicol is 5 years old and she wrote her letter on September 6th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My last medical check-up was in: July 

2. For my medical check-up, I went: A growth and development routine examination 

3. The following people went to my check-up with me: My mother and father 

4. I felt: Calm 

5. At my check-up, the doctor said: They were going to check my eyes, ears, stomach, etc. 

6. At my check-up, I learned that: I need to lose some pounds 

7. At my check-up, the doctor advised me: To have a healthy diet 

Dear Kayla, 

God bless you. Nicol says that she is happy close to her family. She tells you that she is doing well at school. She has learned her numbers 1-20 and she has learned the vowels. She has not yet learned all of the letters of the alphabet well. Nicol sends you lots of hugs and kisses from her heart. She gives you the verse Isaiah 40:31. 

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment