Adsense

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Three Letter Tuesday: Volume 4

Today's three letters just all happen to be from three of my Spanish speaking kiddos. Let's see what's been going on in Central/South America lately. :)

This first letter comes from sweet Brisa and she is writing to me on the My School template, telling me all about some the things she does and enjoys at school.

Brisa is 7 years old and lives in Nicaragua. This letter is dated May 8th, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. I am in: 2nd Grade

2. My school is 2 km away from my house

3. I get to school by: Walking 

4. My favorite thing about school is: Dancing and playing the marimba 

5. My favorite subjects at school are: Math & Spanish 

Hello Dear Kayla, 

I'm very glad you write to me. I am very happy every time I receive your letters. Thanks for remembering me. I always remember you as well. You are very pretty. I will answer your questions in my next letter. I would love to learn more about you. Have your received the Lord Jesus in your heart? Thanks to God, my family and I are doing well. My older sister's name is Cristal and my baby brother's name is Josue. I love him very much. Yes, I have accepted Jesus into my heart. My teacher asked in class who want to accept Jesus and I raised my hand and then the teacher prayed for me and the other children at the project. It was a big joy for me and I was very happy. My mom is a Christian too. My mom says the roast chicken recipe is that she prepares the chicken with lime and achiote. Then she puts it on the grill until it is cooked. It is very delicious. I hope you write to me soon. I love you so much, Kayla. 

Brisa Daniela

________________________________________________________________________________

The next letter is a chatty letter from Jhoyra. It's fun to see so many of my kids responding to the children's stories that I've been sharing with them. 

Jhoyra is 11 years old, lives in Peru, and she wrote this letter on June 12th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am glad to write to you again. I thank you for what you sent to me. It is good to know that you sponsor other children in other countries and that we all share the same Jesus. The story of The Ugly Duckling taught me to not judge people on their race or other physical features. We celebrate Father's Day on the 3rd Sunday of June. I am going to give a present to my dad. Are you married? Do you like animals? I say goodbye with a big hug and a kiss. I ask you to pray for me and my family. 

Jhoyra

_________________________________________________________________________________

We'll switch gears (and genders) with the last letter for today. This letter is from Carlos. This young man and I are nearing our last six months together, before his graduation day. He's such a kind young man. I've so enjoyed getting to know him over all these years. 

Carlos is 17 years old and he is from Honduras. His letter is dated June 11th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Hello Dear Kayla,

I hope you are in good health with your family. I want to tell you about some of my dreams. I would like to go to Japan. I would like to meet your sister. I would like to help you in your house. One day, I would like to meet you, my sponsor, to hug you and eat together and go to the beach. When I grow up I want to be a teacher. I want to tell you that I received your letters. I thank you because you remembered me and you shared a story. I read Goldilocks and the Three Bears. My favorite Bible verse is Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." What country would you like to visit? I would like you to pray for my family and for me. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment