Adsense

Friday, July 6, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 3

It's currently 11:00 p.m on Thursday night. I was going to head to bed and then I remembered that I vowed to start sharing five letters every Friday, mostly for my own sanity, but also because I think people may actually like to read them. ;)

Since I work pretty much all day, every day, I typically type up blog posts ahead of time and schedule them to post at a specific time. So I figured I couldn't just go to bed and get behind on this series, especially since this will only be the 3rd week... It's too early to fail on this plan. Here we go!

We start with a letter from Ernest. I typically don't get too many personal details from this guy, but this letter comes with the exciting news of a new sibling. Whoo hoo!

Ernest is 12 years old and he lives in Ghana. His letter is dated May 12th, 2018.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Ernest says that he thanks you for your sponsorship. May God bless you. He says his mother has given birth to a baby boy. He says he loves the story that you sent him about the goats crossing the bridge. Ernest says that he wants you to pray to God for protection over his life and his family. He says he continues to pray for God to bless your family and bless your hands in your work and may He shine His face over you and your family. He shares Ephesians 6:1, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next up is a letter from my little Tern, who recently had a photo update and is not actually so little anymore. Okay, he's still super little, age wise, but he seems to have gone through a growth spurt since his last photo. He writes this letter on the My House template. 

Tern is 5 years old, lives in Thailand, and he wrote this letter on April 24th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. In my house, I sleep on: A bed 

2. Is there electricity in my house: Yes 

3. I get food from: The market 

4. My house is made of: Half cement, half wood 

5. My house has a floor made of: Cement 

6. My house has a roof made of: Iron 

Dear Kayla, 

Hello, I am project staff writing to you on behalf of Title (Maybe another nickname? I've been given so many for him!). Now the school is closed for the holiday. He went to live with his parents in another province for the holiday. His parents took him to the ocean. He will come back again when school starts. Where are you going in the summer? Please pray for Title's studies as well. He will soon be going to 1st grade. May you be happy and may God bless you. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

The next letter for today is from Yohannis, He seems to be quite the intelligent boy (and maybe a bit of an overachiever) in school. Good for him! 

Yohannis is 9 years old, lives in Ethiopia, and his letter is dated May 29th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


My Dear Beloved Kayla, 

How are you doing? Thanks to God, I am doing very well with my family. I like the song which says, "Children clap your hands and praise the Lord." Thank you very much for the Bible passage you shared with me from 1 Peter 3:15. I love you very much. I am attending my Grade 2 class well. I got 4th rank in the first semester. Now I am doing my best to score an even better result in the second semester and pass to Grade 3. I need your prayers as well. My little brother has grown now. I will send you his photo if you need it. Please pray for my education. Until my next letter, be well. Good bye. 

Yours,
Yohannis

________________________________________________________________________________

Now we just up a bit in age and hear from one of my young ladies. This letter from Emanise is a treasure. She asks some great questions that I am looking forward to answering. 

Emanise is 18 years old, she lives in Haiti and she wrote this letter on April 28th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I take advantage of this opportunity to greet you. How are you, your friends, and your family doing? As for me, it is very well, thanks to God. I want to share a verse with you, from Psalm 39:14. How are Chloe and Gage? I'd like to hear about them. What's new? Do you have any new friends? May God keep you all your life long. Thank you for your support and for thinking of me. Thank you for the letters and gifts. Thank you for everything! I ask you to never forget or neglect me in your prayers. I'll pray for you as well. 

Your Friend,
Emanise

_________________________________________________________________________________

We'll end today's post with a letter from Kwizera. This guy has certainly become chatty after all these years of us writing to each other. I have actually been hearing from him a lot lately, more than just every two months. Whoo hoo! 

Kwizera is 13 years old and he lives in Rwanda. He wrote this letter on May 17th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I love you so much, my parent. I and my family foremost greet you in Jesus name. How are you doing? We love you so much. How is your country? Here, it is the rainy season and it is raining too heavily, destroying crops, houses, and killing people. At school, we are now in the 2nd term. I was very happy to see your photos. I was so glad to hear about the stories you've shared with me. May God bless you so much, my parent. Next year, I'll be promoted to Senior 3. I and my parents like that you write letters to send to us. I and my mother like the parable stories very much. The two parables we liked were the one about the girl who traveled to visit her grandmother and passed through a big forest, but before she left her mother warned her not to talk to anyone in the forest. I was very happy to hear that the girl did not get bitten by the wolf. I also loved the story about the 3 goats and the troll. The goats were attacked by the troll, but the big goat hit the troll with his horns. God protected the goats. 

Your Loved One, 
Kwizera

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment