Adsense

Friday, July 27, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 6

I don't think we need an introduction to today's post. We all know the drill.

5 letters. 5 x the joy!

Our first letter comes from my little Thai guy Jaw-bu-keh. This letter is written on the My Typical Week template.

Jaw-bu-keh is 7 years old, from Thailand (as stated), and the letter is dated June 28th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. I typically get up at: 6:00 a.m 

    And got to bed at: 8:00 p.m

2. In the morning, I typically: Wash my face

3. My favorite day of the week is: Sunday because of church

4. I go to the project on: Saturday

5. My favorite activity during my weekend is: Playing with friends 

6. In the afternoon, I typically: Take care of younger siblings 

Dear Kayla, 

My name is Norpue. I am a volunteer and I am writing on behalf of Jaw-bu-keh because he can't write by himself. He says thank you for your letter and another chance to talk to you. He is a cheerful boy. He said this is a special month because it includes Children's Day and Father's Day. On June 10th, there was a Children's Day activity. He and his friends sang songs and had a competition for memorizing Bible verses. He said it was fun and had the opportunity to eat a delicious meal. On June 17th, the church held a Father's Day activity. He sang a song to his father and everyone had a good time. He asks if you have Father's Day activities there. Please pray for him and his mother's work. He has his parents pray for you. May God bless you. 

________________________________________________________________________________

The next letter is another template letter; this time from my serious child Marilyn. She is writing to me on the My Community template. 

Marilyn is 8 years old, lives in El Salvador, and she wrote this letter on July 3rd, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. The name of my community is: El  Escalon

2. My community's population is: 2,500 

3. In my community, common transportation is: Bicycle and Car

4. In my community, most people work as: Farmers 

5. What I like best about my community is: The flowers and school 

Kayla, 

Marilyn greets you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. She hopes that God is blessing you greatly. She tells you that she celebrated Easter with her family. She also says she is happy with the family that God has given her. She asks you to not stop praying for her so that God will always accompany her. She does not say goodbye, but see you soon. 

________________________________________________________________________________

The middle letter for today's post is from another girl, but older this time. This letter is from Mariela. She is not using a template, but also seems to be writing to me to tell me a little bit about her community. 

Mariela is 13 years old, from El Salvador, and her letter is dated June 28th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Kayla, 

Greetings and blessings. How are you? I hope this letter finds you doing well and blessed by our Lord Jesus Christ. I want to tell you that I always pray for you, for God to bless you and keep you well. Today I want to tell you about my community. It is called La Paz and what I like the best about my community are the fields. People here work selling tortillas and tamales or they work as seamstresses. I want to know, what is your community like? I want to thank you for your support and for the letter you sent me. Thanks to God, I am doing well and so is my family. I want to ask you to pray for me and my family, for God to keep us well. I say goodbye to you with love and a hug. 

Mariela

_______________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is a short note from my typically chatty Rebecca. She must not have had a lot of extra time to write this time around. Or just didn't have much to say. 

Rebecca is 10 years old and lives in the Philippines. Her letter is dated June 13th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Ate Kayla, 

Good day! How are you and your family? About us here, we are fine. We started classes on June 4th. I have new friends now. My verse for you is John 14:6. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me." I am thankful for the school supplies, bag, and shoes. My fingernail is fine now. Yes, we do have breaks from school. During Easter, we go to church. I pray for you Ate to have a good job. God bless! 

Becca

_________________________________________________________________________________

The last post for today is from Sunrei (this post has been dominated by girls!). She is still so young, but she really does write like a child much older than herself. Quite a wonderful personality, I think. 

Sunrei is 11 years old, from Peru, and her letter is dated July 4th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you in the love of Christ. I hope when you receive my letter that you are in good health, along with your family. I thank you for what you sent me. I liked very much the story of the Ugly Duckling and how at the end, it turned in a beautiful swan. I want to tell you that every Tuesday, my class goes to the park with our tutor, but I don't go because I don't like it. My youngest sister has turned one year old. They grow up so fast! My favorite dish is Aji de Gallina, which is spicy creamed chicken. What is your favorite dish? I ask you to please read Psalm 93. I ask you to please pray for my family. Thank you. Many blessings. I say goodbye with love. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment