Adsense

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Manna Backpacks: 2018

*Any photo in this post can be clicked on to viewer in a larger format*

**Check the end of this post for a list of books sent and links to buy that book (where possible)**



It's Manna 4 Lempira backpack season!

Over the last year, I've thrifted, I've garaged saled, I've looked for deals in children's sections, I've scoped out cheap toys, I've ordered in bulk from Amazon, and I've splurged entirely too much on children's books in Spanish because I believe every child should have quality literature around them.

I organized for hours!





Then I got to packing. It seems like just putting the actual items into individual backpacks wouldn't take very long, but I set up each backpack into a full blown photo shoot before packing it up, and would you believe it, it took me like four hours? It was time well spent, though, that's for sure! 

Now the backpacks are waiting safely in my closet waiting for August, so that I can ship them. Thanks to so many of my wonderful friends who donated funds, shipping costs have already been raised and are ready to use! 

All of the backpacks are very similar so I won't list every little thing every time but I'll give a little guide here. 

School Supplies: 20 Pencils, Pens (Older Kids), Pencil Sharpener, Erasers, Scissors, 2 Glue Sticks, 2 Boxes of Crayons (Older Kids get Colored Pencils), 1 Ruler. (Manna 4 Lempira will provide 8 notebooks per child)

Hygiene Items:  Washcloth, Bar of Soap, 2 Toothbrushes, Comb (Manna 4 Lempira will provide toothpaste and deodorant)

For each of my boys, I took two photos. The first, the items all spread out so every item can be viewed. The second, a photo of everything packed up into one 2.5 gallon ziploc bag. There is just something fun about seeing all of those items packed together, every item somehow fitting perfectly. 

About that photo shoot. Let's view them shall we? I think we'll go oldest to youngest. The school year in Honduras start in February, so I will list their grades as the grade they will be entering into February 2019. 





10th Grader Ivan will receive a black, gray, & blue backpack full of school supplies, hygiene items, a solar lamp, a book, 2 short sleeved shirts, 1 long sleeved shirt, toy cars, and a micro-mini Lego set. 





8th Grader Jarlen receive a blue checkered backpack full of school supplies, hygiene items, a solar lamp, a book, 2 short sleeved shirts, 1 long sleeved shirt, soccer shorts, toy cars, and a micro-mini Lego set. 





6th Grader Carlos will receive a tribal patterned backpack full of school supplies, hygiene items, a solar lamp, a book, 1 short sleeved shirt, 1 long sleeved shirt, soccer shorts, toy cars, and a micro-mini Lego set. 





5th Grader Yesbin will receive a triangle patterned backpack full of school supplies, hygiene items, a solar lamp, a book, 1 sweatshirt, 1 short sleeved shirt, 1 long sleeved shirt, sandals, toy cars, and a micro-mini Lego set. 





3rd Grader Brayan will receive a Mario backpack full of school supplies, hygiene items, a solar lamp, 5 books, 2 short sleeved shirts, 2 long sleeved shirts, sandals, toy cars, and a micro-mini Lego set. 





3rd Grader Levi will receive a Ninja Turtles backpack full of school supplies, hygiene items, a solar lamp, 4 books, 2 short sleeved shirts, 1 long sleeved shirt, sandals, toy cars, and a micro-mini Lego set. 





2nd Grader Defer will receive a Transformers backpack full of school supplies, hygiene items, a solar lamp, 4 books, 1 short sleeved shirts, 2 long sleeved shirts, soccer cleats, toy cars, and a micro-mini Lego set. 





2nd Grader Angel will receive a Ninja Turtles backpack full of school supplies, hygiene items, a solar lamp, 4 books, 2 short sleeved shirts, 2 long sleeved shirts, toy cars, and a micro-mini Lego set. 





1st Grader Noel will receive a Lego Batman backpack full of school supplies, hygiene items, a solar lamp, 5 books, 3 short sleeved shirts, 1 long sleeved shirt, 1 pair of shorts, tennis shoes, toy cars, and a micro-mini Lego set. 





Preschool Antony will receive a Miles backpack full of school supplies, hygiene items, a solar lamp, 4 books, 4 short sleeved shirts, 1 pair of track pants, sandals, toy cars, and a micro-mini Lego set. 



The following books are books I've included in my backpacks, if you'd also like to buy them for some of the Spanish speaking kiddos in your life. Each title is a link to the page on Amazon. Some of the books pictured were bought in my city and do not appear to be on Amazon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment