Adsense

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Three Letter Tuesday: Volume 2

Our three letters today come from three different continents today. What a worldly post we have. :)

First up is a letter from Veronika, who is writing to me on a template titled My Hopes For The Future. I love that Compassion encourages our children to think about the future. I was once told that children living in poverty are often unable to look to the future and there are many occurrences of children actually getting tearfully upset at the question, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" simply because they have never been able to look to the future. Their day to day lives are filled with worrying about how to make it to the next day. Organizations like Compassion help get rid of the day-to-day fear and allow children to think to the future. I love that. 

Veronika is 8 years old and lives in Haiti. Her letter is dated April 10th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. In the future I hope to be: A teacher

2. In the future I hope to visit: Brazil

3. When I grow up, do I want to get married?: Yes 

4. When I grow up, do I want to go to university?: Yes 

5. When I grow up, do I want to have children?: Yes 

Veronika is happy to write you this letter. She greets you and your family in the name of Jesus Almighty. How are your activities? She is very well with her family. Her activities are going very well, thanks to God. Thank you for the lovely picture. She is happy to hear from you. Thank you for your prayer help. Help her pray for her school. She is in Grade 4. Did you celebrate Easter? She had a good celebration with her church. Pray for her and her family. She will pray for you and your family. Stay in the peace of God. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is from Faith. This girl just amazes me. She has been through so much in her young life and her letters used to be so unhappy and you could just feel the sadness coming off the page. She really seems to have grown in her self-confidence and is growing into a wonderful young woman. 

Faith is 12 years old, from Kenya, and she wrote this letter on May 26th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Kayla! 

How have you been? I hope and trust that you are fine and doing good. On my side, I am fine, and I thank God for his care and protection. My family members are also fine and have said hi to you. 

In my studies, I am still working hard so that I can achieve my goals in the future. I request to continue praying for me. I normally attend Compassion every Saturday and my teacher teaches me the Word of God and many other good things. 

I thank you for the letter that you sent to me. I was glad to know how you are going on. I thank you, my dear, for all the support. You are a very special person in my life. I really pray for God to help you and protect you always. I wish you all the best and may the grace of God be upon your forever. 

Bye and be blessed


______________________________________________________________________________

We'll close out this post with a letter from little Kelvin, who is writing to me today on the My Project Learning template. I just love to hear what all of my kids are being taught at their various Compassion projects. I have such faith that the staff at each project are equipping my kids with important lessons for them to succeed not only now, but also in their adult lives, in the future. 

Kelvin is 7 years old and lives in Indonesia. He wrote this letter on June 5th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. In my project, I am learning about: Drawing 

2. About my emotions, I have learned: How to explain about emotions

3. About being polite & kind, I have learned how to: Greet people 

4. About my community, I have learned about: Sharing with one another

5. My favorite thing I have learned at my project is: Playing together with friends 

Shalom Kayla, 

It is a pleasure to be able to write a letter to you. You are like my best friend; always there whenever I need a friend. Thank you for your love for me. Thank you for the interesting stories you tell me. They motivate me to make progress. I am sending my love and care for you. God bless you. 

Love in Christ,
Kelvin

________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment