Adsense

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Teen Boys Are Wonderful Writers

I, and a group of like-minded sponsor friends, say it time and time again. If you want wonderful, detail filled, loving letters, we say Teen Boys, Teen Boys, Teen Boys. They write the best letters you could ever ask for as a sponsor.

I'm going to share several letters from teen boys today. Fabulous-ness.

We'll start today's post with a letter from Jhon. This was actually a surprising letter, because Jhon was due to graduate from Compassion. All of a sudden, his graduation date was extended by two years. I am so excited to have two more years of writing to him!

Jhon is 18 years old and from Bolivia. His letter is dated September 18th, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Kayla, 

I greet you with the peace of the Lord to you and your beautiful family. May God take care of you and protect you. I am thankful for the support and care God is giving me in my life. I wish to tell you that I am working part-time and postulating to UACRM with the preparation course of the admission test to university. I am giving my best effort to be able to enter and study. My wish is to support my family. I am happy that the Compassion project is full of activities. We are organizing a night of gala, where we participate with a partner and we sing. We learned the word of God and had a special dinner, where there was a variety of salad and delicious chicken. Also we are organizing a three day campaign where the entire ministry from the Compassion project will participate, where we will share the word of God to all of the parents. I say goodbye with lots of affection and love. I ask for your prayers for my studies and my family. 

Jhon

_________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so this next letter isn't actually written by a teen, but a young adult. I think it still fits in this post. :) This letter is from Ronaldo. He let me name his parrot! 

Ronaldo is 20 years old and from Colombia. He wrote this letter on August 23rd, 2017. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you? In this moment, I have the letters you sent me in my hands. I love the guitar thing. What a beautiful work. The pictures of Gage and Chloe in the snow are exciting. Someday, I would like to go to that place and share time with you and the children. I tell you that my parrot was taken to my aunt's place, but I asked her to name it Pepe, like you suggested. As far as the video games, my favorite is PES 2017 "Soccer". I play it with my best friend Josue, who is the person I spend most of my free time with. He is my neighbor. We met when we were little. We also like going to the field to play soccer. To me, having a best friend is like having another brother. What do you think about it? Kayla, more than a sponsor, I consider you a friend and you are so special to me. Don't ever forget about it! I ask you to keep me, my family, and my friend Josue in your prayers. I promise to keep you in my prayers. 

Ronaldo

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next up, a letter from Nikko. I can always count on him to tell me something exciting about his life and the life of his city.

Nikko is 18 years old and from the Philippines. His letter is dated August 26th, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Ms. Kayla, 

Good day to you there. I hope you are having a wonderful day today. Thanks for sending me updates of the two kids you take care of. I hope they will grow to be great kids. I also read the letter about the four seasons you have there and I think it is cool to have a climate like that. I wish I could experience snow. By the way, out of the four seasons, which season do you love most? Here in the Philippines, currently we are experiencing rainy days and probably this will continue until December. I am happy I can still write to you and share something from me. These days, because it is "Fiesta" here in our place, there are a lot of activities in the city and the streets are busy with parades and merchandise booths everywhere. That would be all for now. Please pray for my family to be in good health always. I also pray for your family. Thanks again for the letters. God bless you. 

Love,
Nikko

_________________________________________________________________________________

Another letter from the Philippines comes from my man Jhonrex. Sometimes, I don't think that Jhonrex is the most open and vulnerable guy, but I love when he gives me a glimpse into what is going on in his life. I love that he seems to be finding his place in leading the younger children at his project! 

Jhonrex is 17 years old. His letter is dated August 23rd, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

A pleasant day to you. How are you? I hope you are doing well. I am fine, very fine. Thank you for your letter. I read your message. I thank you for sharing some information about the weather in your country. There are three kinds of weather climate here in the Philippines. I am having fun assisting in the center classes, among the small children of our center. I hope that I can continue doing this consistently. I also hope we are going to have another "Youth Day" because I like joining in the contests. Please pray for my family here in the Philippines and for God's guidance upon me that I will not fall into any temptation here in our environment. Are there typhoons in your country? Thank you for everything. God bless you. 

Respectfully Yours,
Jhonrex

_________________________________________________________________________________

I will wrap up this post with a letter from a country that is close to home, Honduras! This letter comes from Erick. I have officially been sponsoring Erick for a year now, so that is an exciting anniversary! 

Erick is 14 years old. He wrote this letter on September 28th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I thank God for your life. I received your four letters. It was such a blessing for me. The questions you asked were very nice. Despite the difficulties, I am happy. A lot of things have happened in my life. We celebrated Lempira's Day on July 20th. We had all kinds of traditional foods: tamales, beleadas, rice milk. The next letter I read, the two kids you babysit are very nice. I saw pictures where Gage graduated from preschool. I saw his certificate and I'm very glad he got to finish preschool. I ask Gage to never give up on his studies. In the other picture, I saw Gage and Chloe with nice smiles. In another letter, I learned about your Independence Day. I never knew it was celebrated on July 4th. I can imagine how the fireworks lit up the sky. I also learned that the eagle is your national animal and it must have meaning. The stars on your flag mean the individual states and the white stripes mean the purity. Here, Independence Day is September 15th. My country turned 196 years old. I ask that you pray for my country because elections are coming up and a new president will be chosen. I say goodbye with affection, love, and a tight hug. 

Erick

_______________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment