Adsense

Monday, October 16, 2017

February 14th, 2005

Valentine's Day, right?

That date has a special meaning for many people. For me, Valentine's Day is extra special. 

In February 2004, a friend brought me to church with her, because she knew that I liked taking care of kids and asked if I wanted to start volunteering in child care with her. I accepted, because it gave me a reason to get out of my house on a Sunday, if I am being honest. The next year of my life would be very interesting: 

I experienced Christians for the first time. I heard Bible stories for the first time that many children hear in elementary school. I had Christian adults showing interest in my life, even though I was a teen with quite a few issues. I made  friends with people who prayed for me and with me.  I joined the high school choir, singing songs that I hardly knew the meaning behind. 

In February 2005, I attended a winter camp with my church. It was over a 3-day weekend and included many fun activities: sledding, ice skating, broomball, snowball fights, hot chocolate, card games that turned aggressive (lol). It also included a daily session with a worship band and a particularly moving speaker. God chose that speaker to move my heart on a particular day. 

That day was February 14th, 2005. A day that is recognized around the world as a day of love. On that day, I experienced the best love there is and I accepted Christ as my savior. 

Want to know what else happened that day? A baby was born in rural Honduras. That baby was named Carlos. That baby is now 12 years old and is a part of the Manna 4 Lempira project. 

Carlos recently lost his sponsor and while I was not intending on sponsoring any more children, I could just not pass him up with that birthdate. I don't think it is a coincidence that I chose to look through the photo album of children waiting for sponsors at that time. 

This sponsorship was God-ordained I believe. 

Welcome to the family, Carlos! 








1 comment:

  1. I loved hearing your testimony!!! And I'm so glad that you sponsored Carlos.

    ReplyDelete