Adsense

Monday, October 9, 2017

Letter Blogging Purge

September was another banner month for letters! It's not really surprising when you write to as many kids as I do, of course, but taking on the task of blogging every letter sure takes a lot more work. I love having all of my letters in one place, though, so the show must go on!

We'll see how many letters I can blog. My goal is five, so if you read five letters, I succeeded. If I got tired of typing or got distracted, you'll see less than five.

The first letter of this blog just so happens to be a first letter from my boy Anju, who I was assigned to in the summer. It's a pretty great first letter, as far as letters go. I did take quite awhile to get to me, though.

You can tell when it's been awhile, if ever, since a child has received a letter, when they start off their very first letter by saying "I love you."

Anju is 13 years old and lives in Indonesia. His letter is dated July 31st, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Shalom Kayla, 

I love you. How are you? I just recovered from an illness. I got a high fever for a week and suffered from Dengue Fever. I went to the doctor and took medicine regularly. I am better now. Today, I started going back to school. I have graduated from primary school and I am now in 7th grade. I am happy to go to a new school. I study at Valentine Private Middle School. I am happy to meet many new friends. My seatmate is Riki. He is a good friend. Do you have a good friend, Kayla? Please write me back. Please pray for me. 

Love, 
Edwin Anju

_______________________________________________________________________________

Now, a letter from little Joseph. In this letter, I learned more about his most recent medical checkup. He is also answering one of my latest questions, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" in just about the cutest way he possibly could. 

Joseph is 6 years old and lives in Guatemala. He wrote this letter on August 24th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My last medical checkup was on: May 20th, 2017 

2. My last medical checkup was held at: The project 

3. I went to my medical checkup with: My mother 

4. At my project, I learn about: How to wash my hands, how to brush my teeth, and how to take a bath. 

Dear Sponsor, 

Joseph sends greetings with a lot of love. He is happy about sending this letter. He wants to thank you for what you sent him. He says that he really liked it! To answers your questions: he says that he likes living with his parents and does not want to grow big. In school, he likes coloring and drawing. He wants to know if you are in good health. 

________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter got to me super fast, in just about one week from the day it was written. Pretty amazing, if I do say so myself. 

This letter is from Gary who has quickly grown to have my heart. From his first letter, he has been so open and great at sharing details. It makes writing back to him so easy as we have so many things to talk about. These teenagers sure do write great letters. 

Gary is 16 years old and lives in Nicaragua. His letter is dated September 11th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hi Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I say thanks for your sponsorship. I say thanks for your letters and prayers. I loved knowing about your country. I loved to know about the eagle and football. It's fascinating to know about your culture and the different animals. Congratulations because of Independence Day! I am so glad to know that you have a new job that you love. I am glad to know that Gage and Chloe are studying hard in school. I hope to hear more about them. I want to tell you that their are many volcanoes and lakes in my country. There is the Xolotlan Lake, one of the largest lakes in Central America. The national bird of my country is the guardabarranco. Our national flag has two colors; white and blue. There is a crest in the center of flag; there are five volcanoes on it. They represent the five countries of Central America. We celebrate Independence Day on September 15th. I ask you to pray for my family. I will be praying for you. I say goodbye with so much love. 

Gary

________________________________________________________________________________

Let's move onto letters from some young ladies, shall we? Balance out the testosterone a bit, haha. 

This letter is from Agness. She is answering one of my question list letters with her own list. Gotta love that. 

Agness is 14 years old and lives in Tanzania. Her letter is dated September 11th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I'm happy to hear that you are fine. I would like to answer your questions, as follows: 

1. Yes, I can draw. 

2. I have seen the Lord being the hope in times of sorrow. 

3. I like wearing a track suit and rubber shoes. I like eating rice and meat. 

4. Our house has big grounds. We have mango trees and five rooms for family usage. Our center is going on well and we are being taught many things. Now, I know how to sew my own skirts. 

5. I can use the verses for meditation

6. Anything that is playable I can play (Not sure what that means)

7. I have won a medal for being the first place in a racing competition. 

8. The last day of school was August 5th, 2017. 

9. My best friend is Juma Mustapha. 

10. My advice is to know God and make him the leader of your life. 

11. Yes, I will pray so that he obeys because obeying is better than sacrifice. And in Ephesians 6:1, is says, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." 


My plan is to become a lawyer. Please tell Gage and Chloe that I love them and miss them. 

Yours,
Agness 

________________________________________________________________________________

Oh look, I made it to five letters! Go me! 

We end with a letter from Jhayra. It's a super long letter and will wrap up this blog post quite nicely, I think! 

Jhayra is 10 years old and lives in Peru. She wrote this letter on August 24th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus. I thank you for the letter you sent to me. Thank you for the pictures, drawings, and the map of your country. I like everything you tell me about your life. We celebrate Children's Day on August 20th in Peru. Some children go out with their families and some go to camps. My mom's name is Raquel, my dad's name is Jhon. We also celebrate Valentine's Day on the same day as you. Boyfriends and girlfriends give gifts to each other and they walk around holding hands. Jesus died because he loves us. Huancayo is the province that I live it and we did not have mudslides. Lima had strong mudslides, which is the capital of my country. I am doing well in my community and Jesus makes me happy. It makes me happy when my mom hugs me and gives me a kiss. I am afraid of the dark. I can play the drums. If I am being honest, I look more like my father. When I get older, I would like to be a gynecologist and obstetrician. I am right handed. I help my mom cook, clean the kitchen, sweep, and wash clothes. I like to play volleyball and do crafts. My favorite animal is the kangaroo, the cat, and the dog. My favorite color is violet. My favorite food is Chinese rice. I say goodbye with a strong hug and kiss. With love. 

Your Sponsored Child,
Jhayra

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment