Adsense

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Letters from the Caribbean

I have three letters to share with you today from a wonder island in the Caribbean. Yes, it's one island, but two countries. :)

The Dominican Republic and Haiti! Whoo hoo!

The first letter is from Enmanuel in the DR. A lot of my kids lately are answering questions from the latest long list of questions. I always love when my kids answer questions like this. Most are simple, but it really helps me visualize better how they live their day to day lives.

Enmanuel is 9 years old. His letter is not dated.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello! May God bless you so much! I am very well, thanks to God. I am glad to write to you again. Regarding your questions: my favorite clothing is my school uniform. What I ate today was rice, beans, and meat. My house is made of wood and has 3 rooms. The project I attend is made of concrete blocks and has 10 classrooms and 4 restrooms. At recess time, I play. A joke makes me laugh. I ask you to pray for me and my family. 


________________________________________________________________________________

Now we move onto two lovely teens from Haiti. We'll start with Sevenson, who just has some basic info to tell me in this letter. 

Sevenson is 16 years old. His letter is dated August 14th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

It is a real pleasure to write this letter to you, in God's name. How are you? I think all is well, in Jesus's name. My family is fine, thanks to God. My school and my other activities are going well. Pray that I'll always be regular in the project activities. Wouldn't you like to visit Haiti? Thanks for the letter and information. Thanks for the photos. Pray that I'll always succeed at school. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

And we'll end this post with a letter from Emanise. Over the last year, Emanise has really developed into a great letter writer. She seems very interested in topics like politics and geography. She enjoys when I tell her more about the United States. 

Emanise is 18 years old and wrote her letter on September 9th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

Good morning, Kayla. How are your health doing? How is your family doing? How are your activities going? For me and my family, all is well. I am happy to read your letter with excitement and I thank you because you take care to tell me about the weather and temperature in your country. Even if I do not visit the country you live in, it enables me to have an idea about the country you live in. In my country now, it gets hot and the schools are closed. But, as I write you this letter, it is the week that the schools will open again. It is always a pleasure for me each time that I find the chance to write to you and to learn more from you. Thank you for the tree pictures and thank you so much for the letter. Thank you because you always think of me. I ask you to lift my family in your prayers and I will do the same for you. 

_______________________________________________________________________________ 


No comments:

Post a Comment