Adsense

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Five Letters from Five Beautiful Girls

As you can tell by simply looking my blog's sidebar, I could be considered a "Boy Sponsor". I have more than double the amount of boys as I do girls. It wasn't really planned that way, but it has come to become that way. If I financially sponsor a child, I'm always drawn to the boys. And most of the time, when I get a correspondent children assigned to me, it's a boy.

However, I do have several lovely girls that I just love to death and I've heard from five of them recently. I will share those five letters with you today.

First up, a letter from sweet Rebecca, who is 10 years old and from the Philippines. Her letter is dated September 2nd, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Ate Kayla, 

Good day! How are you and your family? Thank for your time in writing a letter to me. I hope you will not get tired of writing to me. Last Thursday we celebrated National Language Month in school. I joined in activities like the folk dance contest and choral contest. We do not yet know who the winner is because it will be announced next Monday. Here in our center, I am continuing to learn about the Word of God with my friends. This coming September 4th will be my 10th birthday and I will celebrate it with my family. My memory verse is in Genesis 1:27-28, "So God created human to be like himself ; he made man and woman." Please pray for the skin allergy on my hand to be healed. Thank you so much and God bless you. I love you! 

Love,
Rebecca

________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a long letter from Mariela. I love all my kids' letters, but the long, detailed ones are the best! Mariela is 12 years old and lives in El Salvador. She wrote her letter on September 27th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I want to greet you with love. I hope you are well in health, close to your family and friends. I always pray for you and your family, so God will always bless you and keep you safe. This time I want to talk to you about your hopes for the future. In the future I want to be a teacher. I like to attend the project because I like to learn the world of God. Let me tell you that I attend the workshops of music and computing, so in the future I can use it well, with no mistakes. What studies do you have? I want to thank you for the letter. Here are some answers. Today I ate peppers. My home has two rooms. In my project there are four classrooms. We have one hour free to play with friends. My friends make me laugh. It is so funny to eat with them. Please pray for my family. Bye with love. 

Mariela

_______________________________________________________________________________

Now, a letter from Maria. This girl cracks me up because I can absolutely tell if/when she doesn't feel like writing a letter. Sometimes her handwriting is really large, so she can fill up the page faster. My guess is that when you're done writing letters at her project, you get to go do some fun activity. I predict that when she is excited about the activity, she writes far less. However, today's letter is long and detailed. I wonder if the next activity after letter writing was something boring to her. :) 

Maria is 13 years old and is from Brazil. Her letter is dated September 4th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

How are you? My family and I are fine. My baby cousin was born and he is called Heitor. He is already one month old and he is very big. I was happy to receive your letter. I loved the drawing that you sent me. Answering your questions: I like to wear light clothes the most, because where I live it is very hot. Today I ate rice, beans, and meat. My house is medium size. It is made of bricks and it has 3 rooms. Our project has 12 classrooms. In my free time, I take an advanced course in computing. My family makes me happy. The funniest thing that has ever happened to me is when I got stuck in an elevator with my cousin. The last party I went to was my friend Tiffany's. I have four best friends; Laisa, Andressa, Raissa, and Eduarda. My advice for younger kids is to not give up studying, respect their parents, and that they be happy children and enjoy every moment. I say goodbye with love. 

Your Friend,
Maria

________________________________________________________________________________

Then, I receive a letter from Prity, which she wrote on the My Christian Learning template. I love hearing about some of the specific things that she is learning at her project. 

She certainly has an interesting favorite Bible verse? 

Prity is 8 years old and from Indonesia. Her letter is dated September 7th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. I learn the most about God from: My project 
2. My favorite Bible story is: Esther
3. My favorite song to sing at my project is: I Love God's Family
4. When I pray to Jesus, I pray for: My Family 
5. My favorite Bible verse is: Matthew 1:1
6. It says: "The is the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah, the son of David, the son of Abraham." 

Hello Dear Sister Kayla, 

I hope you and your family are in healthy condition. I'm so happy to receive your letter. I will answer your questions. I am in healthy condition right now. We just celebrated our National Independence Day on August 17th. We have been free from terrifying colonialism. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I will end this post with a little from Sunrei. Let's call it a sunset. ;) Sunrei writes such wonderful letters for a girl her age. It's such a blessing to be able to communicate with her. 

Sunrei is 10 years old and lives in Peru. She wrote this letter on October 4th, 2017. 

_______________________________________________________________________________



Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Greetings in the love of Christ. I thank you for the nice letter you sent me. I like to wear dresses. I liked to eat spicy cream chicken. My house is small, but nice. It has 2 rooms. My project is huge. It has 4 classrooms. In my free time, I like to draw. Tickles make me laugh. I went to the beach and I swam. The last time I went to a party was my little sister's birthday. My best friend is Charlotte. In my country, we celebrate Flag Day on July 28th. I like having 2 sisters. How nice is your country flag! I'm happy for you that you are well. In September, we celebrated Sponsor's Day. There were Bible contests, presents, and presentations. I ask you to read Psalm 91. I tell you that next year I will be in 5th grade in elementary school. At my school, I get good grades. I have many friends and God is with me. How old will you turn? I ask you to pray for my family. I say goodbye with a kiss. 

Sunrei

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment