Adsense

Monday, October 23, 2017

From Favorite Things to Project Learning and Everything in Between

I sure do love these template letters from my itty bitties. I swear the template themes get better and better. The people in charge of planning these letters do a great job, I think!

I have four letters to share with you today, each a different them. Enjoy!

Let's start off by hearing about my boy Hillary's typical week. Hillary is 7 years old and lives in Kenya. His letter is dated September 2nd, 2017.

He wrote this letter completely on his own and has the most adorable, loopy handwriting!

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. I usually wake up at: 7:00
2. In the morning I usually: Take my breakfast 
3. The days I attend school are: Monday to Friday 
4. The name of my school is: Gift School Academy 
5. In the afternoon I usually: Take my lunch and sleep 
6. In the evening I usually: Play with my friends
7. I go to the project on: Saturday 
8. I typically go to sleep at: 9:00
9. My favorite day of the week is: Sunday 
10. The day I go to church is: Sunday 
11. The name of my church is: Changawe Baptist Church 

Receive greetings from your friend Hillary. I am well with my family. I have never seen a solar eclipse before, but it seems to be a good experience and it comes from God. 

Yours,
Hillary

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a list of favorite things from one of my favorite girls, Brisa, who is 6 years old and lives in Nicaragua. She wrote this letter to me on September 9th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My favorite sport is: Basketball
2. My favorite activity is: Playing with dolls 
3. My favorite animal is: Cat 
4. My favorite friend is: My mom 
5. My favorite cartoon is: The Powerpuff Girls 


________________________________________________________________________________

Now, we get to hear all about what Mor-Mi-Say has been learning about at his project. I love getting these glimpses into my kids' classroom and see what kinds of things are being taught. I find it so fascinating! 

Mor-Mi-Say is 7 years old and lives in Thailand. He wrote this letter on August 25th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. My favorite thing I have learned in my project is: Listening to stories 
2. About being with others at the project, I have learned: To extend help 
3. About taking care of myself I have learned: How to clean my hands before eating and how to brush my teeth twice a day. 
4. I cannot yet say a short prayer by myself. 
5. About being polite and kind I have learned: To say "thank you" to others when receiving something. 

Dear Kayla, 

Hello! May God bless you and your family! My name is Paw Eh Wah, a child worker, and I am writing on behalf of Mor-Mi-Say because he cannot write well. He is very happy and thankful for your kind support. He lives with his grandmother because his mother died and his father has gone to work in another area. Does it rain with mud and flooding over there? How are you doing? He wants to know. May God be with you. Love in Christ. 

________________________________________________________________________________

The last letter for today is from wee Baraka, who is 8 years old and lives in Kenya. He is writing this letter on the My School template. It's dated September 30th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. I am in: 1st Grade 
2. My school is 4 km away from my house 
3. The name of my school is: Ndungoini Primary School
4. I get to my school: On foot 
5. The color of my school uniform is: Green and Yellow 
6. My class teacher's name is: Mr. Ngoma 
7. My best friend's name is: Sila 
8. The games we play at school are: Athletics 
9. The other activities in school this term are: Games 
10. What I like best about school is: The lessons taught
11. My favorite subject is school is: Mathematics 
12. After school I like to: Go grazing 

Baraka greets you in Jesus' name. He also says he is doing well and appreciates your letters and support to him. He wishes you God's grace. 

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment