Adsense

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

So Many Letters!

In the month of October alone, I have received 30 letters. I have just been amazed at how many emails I've been receiving for letters. It's been such a blessing! Now, I really have to take some serious time to respond to them all!

I'm not sure how many letters I will be sharing in this post. It's officially 10:30 p.m, as I start this post. I'm basically going to type letters until I get tired and want to go to bed. :)

We'll start the adventure out with a letter from Joel, who lives in Mexico. This young man has such big plans for his future and I just hope I can encourage him to pursue his goals. He seems pretty committed to them. Joel is 17 years old. His letter is dated August 26th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor, 

I am writing you this letter. Everything is going well with my family at this moment. My sister just came back home after being in University. We celebrate Mexico's Independence Day on September 16th. It was in 1810. We also celebrated some other events apart from our Independence, like our annexation of our State of Chiapas to Mexico. Those are some important events in our country. I want to tell you also that a new school year has already started. This is going to be my last year and then I will go to University. I would like to become a lawyer and take some photography courses too. I hope you are doing well. Please pray for my schooling, my sister's schooling, and for my family. I would like to ask you, what do you do on vacations? Where do you usually go? I want to thank you for being a good friend. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from Muuo. He is telling me all about his school in this letter. I think out of all of the countries I write to, Kenya has some of the best templates! I like how many questions they have and how most of the questions are open ended. Many other templates have 2-4 choices for a child to choose, not leaving much wiggle room for young kids, as they think they have to choose one of the options. I'm not really complaining, just noting. 

Muuo is 7 years old and wrote this letter on October 3rd, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

1. I am in: 1st grade 
2. My school is 1.5 km from my house. 
3. The name of my school is: Kyongingara Primary School 
4. I go to school: On foot 
5. The color of my uniform is: Orange and blue 
6. My class teacher's name is: Mrs. Mwsyoka
7. My best friend at school is: John
8. The games we play in school are: Football and group games
9. The other activities in school this term are: Drama and sports
10. What I like best about my school is: The building 
11. My favorite subject in school is: Math 
12. After school I like to: Ride my bicycle 

Muuo says Jambo. He hopes and trusts that you are doing well over there. He says he is well here and is continuing with his education. He says this term has been short and will close the school to embark on December holiday soon. He says he has been very active in Sunday School activities and has participated in Sunday School Choir regularly. He says bye for now and wishes you well always. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I'll repeat the same letter template, but with another child. :) This time from Hillary, who is also 7 years old and lives in Kenya. His letter is dated October 7th, 2017.

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. I am in: 1st grade 
2. My school is 1 km from my house. 
3. The name of my school is: Gift School
4. I go to school: On foot 
5. The color of my uniform is: Gray and brown  
6. My class teacher's name is: Rosemary
7. My best friend at school is: Edward
8. The games we play in school are: Football
9. The other activities in school this term are: Learning
10. What I like best about my school is: We have good teachers 
11. My favorite subject in school is: Christian Religious Education 
12. After school I like to: Play football 

Hello Kayla. I hope you are well. I am also well with my family. I like wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I ate rice and beans today. My house has two rooms. At our project, we have a big church and many classrooms. We also have a kitchen and an office. My friends make me laugh. We had an eating competition. My best friend's name is Edward. 

Yours,
Hillary

_________________________________________________________________________________


Next up, a letter from Rujikorn. It has been quite awhile since I last heard from her, which is odd for her. My guess is she missed a letter writing day at her project and had to wait for the next one. Her letter is great, though, as always! 

Rujikorn is 13 years old and lives in Thailand. Her letter is dated August 14th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello! My family and I are fine and we hope that you and your family are also. I'm so glad and excited to write you. What season is it there now? It is now in the rainy season here. It rains here every day. It is raining a bit when I go to school in the morning. The weather is nice. The project ran Mother's Day activities for all the kids on the 12th. We all paid respect to our mothers and it was a great moment. I was so happy when hugging and cuddling my mother. Have you paid respect to your mother yet? 

The rice in a field is a beautiful green color. It brings a good atmosphere. The rice that my mother grows is so beautiful. I wish you could see it. I go to school Monday-Friday and attend the project Saturday and Sunday. My friend and I are the leaders of the 153 group. I'm so glad about it. We lead the worship on Sunday and clean the church. I wish you would visit me and see the atmosphere here. You are welcome always. I believe that God will provide us with a chance to meet each other. 

Finally, I am wishing you happiness and good health. Please pray for my studies and health because I am sick now. Please pray for my parent's work. You are in our prayers always. May God guide you. 

Love and regards in Christ, 
Rujikorn

_______________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from Prity. This letter is written on the My Dreams template and then she attaches an extra page for her own message. She writes very well for her young age, in my opinion. 

Prity is 8 years old and lives in Indonesia. Her letter is dated September 8th, 2017. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. Someday I would like to see: Snow 

2. Someday I would like to: Speak English 

3. When I grow up I would like to be: A Doctor 

4. Someday I would like to meet my because: To thank you for being my sponsor 

5. Someday I would like to help my family by: Taking care of my sibling

Dear Sponsor, 

Greetings in the love of our God. I'm so happy to receive all of your letters and I will reply and answer some questions. I'm so happy to hear the news that I have a new sister, named Airin. I will pray for her. I would like to ask, in what part of Indonesia does she live? At home, I have a big sister, a big brother, and a little brother. Now I have a little sister in Airin. Thank you. 

______________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment