Adsense

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Teen Boy Life

The life of a teenager is complicated, isn't it? It seems to be the same all over the world, no matter where you live. Certain experiences, feelings, and trials are the same in every country. It's fun to see my boys from three different countries talk about school, church, and free time. I love my teen boys!

I have three letters to share with you today.

I received my very first letter from Gary, my handsome young man in pink. As far as first letters go, this was a pretty great one.

Gary is 16 years old and lives in Nicaragua. His letter is dated October 10th, 2016.

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Kayla, 

I hope you are in good health. It is Gary greeting you. I appreciate your sponsorship and all the blessings you give me. Thanks for the letter and bible verse you gave me. It was a great blessing to my life. I share with you that I went to a retreat for two days. It was a great experience. It was very nice because I accepted Christ as my Savior. I felt his prescience. He touched my heart. I made new friends with guys from other churches. I am doing well in class, thanks to God. I am happy because we are about to end the school year. I love playing soccer. I am in a league. My function is to be the goalie. We passed to the semifinal. I also like basketball. All of my family is in good health. I would like to know, do you have children? What are their names? I would like to see you through pictures. I always pray for you. I ask you to pray for me and my family. I say goodbye with much love. 

Gary

________________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from Jhon. I went so many months without his wonderful letters, so I am so grateful that things are back on track. I got a letter from him in September and now again this month. He used to write every two months, like clockwork, so it's great to have this pattern again. 

Jhon is 18 years old and lives in Bolivia. He wrote this letter on September 9th, 2016. 

_______________________________________________________________________________



Hi Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you with the peace of the Lord. I feel very happy to write you this letter and thankful with God for giving me the opportunity to have a sponsor like you. I want you to know that my family and I are praying for you. What you told me of the disciples, I believe the same. God chooses people for his service no matter where we are and where we move. He just sees the heart and your disposition to serve him. I want you to know that I am wealth of health, next to my family, and hope that God also takes care of you and protects you. Please pray for my family and my studies. 

Jhon 

_______________________________________________________________________________

The last letter is from Nikko. This poor guy has had his ups and downs with school. When I started writing to him, he wasn't attending due to lack of finances. Then, just in the last year or so, he was able to start up again, in middle school, despite his age. It seems like he graduated to high school, but again, the fees to attend are too high. I hate that he has to keep going through this. Though, he's an adult now, so it may be time to move onto something else. 

Nikko is 18 years old and is from the Philippines. His letter is dated October 15th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Ms. Kayla, 

Hi! Thanks for sending me letters! I enjoy reading them. How are you there? Here in the Philippines, I'm fine with my family. 

Talking about toys, when I was a kid, I liked to play cars and I used to play hide and seek with my neighbor friends. We also played marble games. I remember I enjoyed it so much. I'm glad to hear that the children you're taking care of are now growing. I'm supposed to be in senior high this year, but can no longer afford to study. I still don't know when to peruse it.  Please help me pray. For now, I'm still attending classes in the project and I'm excited for an upcoming activity in this project at the end of this month. 

I'm glad to pray for you and Jhon. Please do the same for me. Do you play sports? What sports are you playing? What are your hobbies in your free time? I hope to hear from you again soon my friend. God bless! 

Love,
Nikko

_________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment