Adsense

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Introducing My After-Christmas Child!

I have a new sponsored child!

Okay, now that the excitement has passed (who am I kidding? The excitement is still there), I have indeed sponsored a new child.

For months, I have been watching people sponsor with a new organization called Manna 4 Lempira, which works in Honduras. I have loved hearing all of the stories and seeing the great photos, but haven't felt the urge to sponsor with the organization myself. To be honest, I figured I would jump in eventually, but was waiting to feel lead.

Well, I felt lead. Haha. The leader of the organization's Facebook page posted this the other day:

"I want to share with you a very special encounter that we had with Ivan from our Tablon program. Ivan was introduced to us as a faithful young man who has attended church from a young age. He attends a bilingual school and wakes up very early to walk down to catch the bus to town. His father works hard in the fields to make this possible for his son, and he often does without needed materials for school. The Pastor told us that Ivan wanted to speak with us. Do you know what he wanted to know? Ivan wanted to know why people were doing what Manna is doing for the children of Honduras. He was genuinely curious! We were able to use this opportunity to share with Ivan about the value God places on him and the other children and how He has plans for their future! Have you told your child why? You are making a GREAT investment in God's kingdom plan for Honduras. Whoever decides to sponsor Ivan is in for a very special relationship" 




Well, this post just about melted my whole heart. I have no idea if I can live up to the hype, but I sure hope that I can explain God's love to Ivan. 

Part of the cool thing about this organization is that, at Christmas, sponsors get to pack a backpack for their sponsored children, filled with school supplies, clothes, and a couple special items. This year, somebody else filled a backpack for him, as part items that unsponsored children receive, but next year, I will get to fill the backpack. So exciting! 

Here are some more photos of Ivan from the day all of the children received their backpacks: 








Here's to a new adventure with a new organization! And a new child, of course! 



1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you and Ivan!!!!!! And I know that God laid Ivan on your heart because you're the one he needs to hear from. I firmly believe that God matches sponsors and kids, and I look forward to seeing how your friendship with Ivan grows!!

    ReplyDelete