Adsense

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Plethora of November Letters!

I was going to do separate posts on this group of letters, but I decided that I don't want to. :)

In the last week or so, I've received five letters! I will share them all with you in this post, from youngest child to oldest child, of course. We must keep things orderly.

The first letter is from Veronika. She wrote about the My Dreams template, which is super sweet. I love hearing dreams from the future from little ones.

Veornika is 6 years old and lives in Haiti. Her letter is dated November 7th, 2016.

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. Someday I would like to visit: Port-au-Prince, the capital of Haiti. 

2. Someday I would like to help: My family and friends.

3. Someday I would like to meet: My aunt. 

4. When I grow up I would like to be: A Nurse. 

5. Someday I would like to be like: My Mother. 

Veronika is glad to write this letter to you and greets you in Jesus's name. How are you? How are your activities going? She and her family are very well, by God's grace, in spite of the natural disaster, but God keeps her and her family safe. She always prays for God to bless you and your family. She asks you to pray for her to have much intelligence in school. She wishes you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2017. May God bless you! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Mulwa. This is the second letter I've gotten from him this month. He's turned into quite a chatty boy. Graduating from the template letters was a great thing for him!

Mulwa is 9 years old and lives in Kenya. He wrote his letter on October 21st, 2016.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

I greet you, Kayla, in Jesus's name and I hope you are fine as I am. At the project we are well and we are trying as much as we can to preach and know the word of God. My parents are working hard to provide the basic needs for me. I help my parents to fetch water from the nearby river. I fetch firewood which is used as fuel. My parents even send me to the market. I like helping my parents with house chores. I have a dog named Baby. He is a big, black dog who guards the house. At school, I am working hard. In the last exam, I was in position 3 with 350 points. I work hard to achieve my goals. I play football, which is my best game. My best subject is English. I attend church services every Sunday. I am in the church choir. My talent is singing. I thank God for that talent. Now we are approaching the December holiday. I will help my parents to prepare their farm because the rainy season is starting. My parents benefit mostly through farming. I love you and may the Lord Almighty bless you. Amen. 

Mulwa



________________________________________________________________________________

Another letter from Kenya now. This time, from my girl Faith. I was absolutely heartbroken when I read this letter. As long as I've been writing to her, Faith has lived with her single mother and her siblings. It isn't said flat-out in this letter, but it appears that Faith no longer has her mother in her life. I am not sure if her mother died or left or what. Whatever happened, she appears to be struggling to deal with it. Breaks my heart. However, I am also completely honored of the new role I now play in Faith's life. I don't take it lightly, at all. Even typing this now, my eyes are getting teary. Faith and I are now bonded for life. 

It also appears that, due to the letter slowdown this year, she has had to wait quite awhile for a letter from me. She is not shy about letting me know how that makes her feel. I love that honesty. 

Faith is 10 years old. Her letter is dated October 1st, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I salute you in Jesus's name, my beloved sponsor Kayla! How are you? I believe you are fine. I am fine here with my brothers and sisters. My sponsor, I don't have parents anymore and due to this, I count you as one of my parents. I got your letter, my dear sponsor, and I am thankful, because of your remembrance. I thank God because he is my father who will never ever fail me in any way. I am struggling to meet my objectives of pursuing well in my academics. Join me in my prayers  to pursue well. My sponsor, I do pray for you. When you stay for long with saluting me with letters, I feel frustrated, so please keep on saluting me and the Almighty God will bless you. You are my parent in one way or another. Have a good time. Good bye!

Faith



________________________________________________________________________________ 

The next letter is from Ernest. He is one of my kiddos who doesn't like to write much. I think he may have trouble writing, because he still has a tutor help him write. I think that may change in the future. If not, I will keep writing to him faithfully anyway.

Ernest is 11 years old and lives in Ghana. His letter was written October 31st, 2016.

_______________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Ernest says thank you very much for your letters and support for him. He says he has been promoted to the next class. He says he and his family are doing well. He says pray for God's protection for him always. He says may God richly bless you. He shares John 10:30, "I and my father are one." 


________________________________________________________________________________

And the last letter of today is from Maria. For some reason, this letter has taken quite a long time to get to me. There must have been a pile up of letters in her country's office. 

Maria is 12 years old and lives in Brazil. Her letter is dated August 3rd, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

How are you? My family and I are doing fine. I enjoyed my vacation in July. I went to the movies with my friends and to the beach with my family also! I like getting your letters! I am so happy because my brother is in college. He is studying to be an architect. I am taking computer and Christian classes at the project and I like both so much. I hope to hear from you soon. Kisses and hugs from me! 

Maria Eduarda

_______________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment