Adsense

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Six Letters in One Post. AKA: The Holiday Season is Too Busy to Write More Than One Post

Like the title suggests, I have six letters to share with you today. Naturally, it'll be a long post. Read what you'd like. No pressure. :)

I'll start with Djimitri's letter. I was just assigned this little guy last month, so it was a surprise to a letter from him so quickly! This letter is written on the How I Have Fun form letter.

Djimitri is 5 years old and lives in Togo. The letter is not dated, so I am not sure when it was written.

_________________________________________________________________________________



1. During my free time, I like to: Watch TV
2. When I am outside home, I like to: Go to Church
3. When I am inside, I like to: Learn and Read
4. One sport I like to play is: Soccer
5. I usually play with: My Friends
6. One thing I like to do is: Dance
7. Prayer for my sponsor: That the Lord protects you and blesses you in the new year. 
8. Question for my sponsor: How will you celebrate Christmas? 
9. A Bible verse: Job 42:2
10. Thank you note: Thank you for your sponsorship
11. Prayer request: Pray for the grace of God for my family

_______________________________________________________________________________

Up next, a letter from Rujikorn. She's such a good writer and I always love her drawings. I'm almost 100% sure that her drawing today is a self-portrait. She is responding to my Christmas letter that I wrote in October. I was wondering how early I should write Christmas letters this year due to the faster system. I have had several children respond to my Christmas letter already. It seems like October is definitely too early to send. I'll keep that in my next year. 

Rujikorn is 12 years old and lives in Thailand. Her letter is dated November 18th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello. Thank you for the letter, the Christmas card, and the photos you sent me. I like them very much. I am happy to read the letter from you. I am encouraged much more. I am glad to write to you again. My friends and I will be able to celebrate Christmas at the project soon. I can feel the love of God. He gave his son to help us from our sins. I am very excited. I am happy in God. When I was in kindergarten, I lived life like Gage and Chloe. May God bless them with many good things and they enjoy going to school. Please tell them that I love them and pray for them. They are lovely to me. I have drawn a picture for them too. I enjoy going to school very much. At school, I do many activities with my friends. I learn vocational subjects, draw pictures, and learn about the love of God to me and I am a believer. Please pray for my study, for my parents' work, and for our health. I always think of you in my prayers. May God bless you! If it's possible, please come to visit my place. 

Love in Christ, 
Rujikorn


______________________________________________________________________________

Climbing up the age ladder, we get to Agness next. As you may have read about in the past, I like to send lists of questions to my kids. I have always had great experiences with getting answers to these lists, so I will keep sending them. I have several lists that I cycle through with my new kids. I send them a couple times a year, to whichever new children I have that haven't received them yet. I recently sent a list of school questions to several of my kids and Agness is responding to those questions. 

Agness is 13 years old and lives in Tanzania. Her letter is dated December 3rd, 2016. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I hope you and doing well and are healthy. The purpose of this letter is to greet you. Thank you for the letter you sent to me. I answer your questions as follows: 

1. I have completed form two and prepare to enter form three. 
2. My favorite subject is geography. 
3. My tough subject is mathematics. 
4. Yes, we wear school uniforms. 
5. I go to school on foot. 
6. I stay at school for 8 hours. 
7. All students, boys and girls, sit together. 
8. We have 68 students in our class. 
9. My teacher is called Pendo and she is thin. 
10. My best friend is Grace. 
11. We have a break from school for 30 minutes. 
12. No, there is no computer at school. 

Thank you for the Christmas and New Year wishes. May God bless you for your sponsorship of me. May God bless you and your family. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Now, a letter from Jhonrex. He has quite a bit to say in this letter, which I love. I have so many chatty letter writers. It's such a blessing! 

Jhonrex is 16 years old and lives in the Philippines. His letter is dated November 4th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you and good day to you. If you were to ask me, I'm doing fine, especially in my studies. Thank you for the letter and for greeting me on my birthday and also for the verses. On the 29th of October we had a youth day in our student center. I enjoyed it so much because we had activities like cheer dance and a Mr. and Mrs. Ambungan (Pageant Activity). We are just done with our period exam in our school and it was kind of difficult, but by the grace of God, I was able to pass it. My favorite fruit is mango and my favorite vegetable is eggplant. I also like chocolate. The best gift I ever received was shoes. Sometimes, I go to church on Sundays. I like to bathe in the rain. I take a bath first thing in the morning and in the evening time, I watch movies. I like to play basketball. If I were invisible for a whole day, I would help people, those who are in need. I would rescue them. Please pray for my studies. What grade your kids in now? Thank you and God bless you. 

Respectfully Yours, 
Jhonrex

Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and being sure of what we do not see." 

________________________________________________________________________________


Next, I received a form letter from Daniel. It was a bit unusual because teenagers don't typically write on form letters. Also unusual, this is the First Letter form letter template and this is not the first letter that I've received from Daniel. He has written me a couple times before. But, oh well. I am happy to learn this new information about him! 

Daniel is 17 years old and lives in Kenya. He did not date this letter. 

________________________________________________________________________________



1. My family members are: Paul (father), Lucy (mother), Rose (sister), Alana (sister), Didi (brother). 
2. The language I speak is: Maasai and English 
3. In my family I spend the most time with: My Father
4. My favorite color is: Red
5. The color of my hair is: Black
6. The color of my eyes is: Brown
7. My favorite food is: Meat and Rice
8. My favorite song is: God is Savior
9. My favorite season is: Rainy Season 

How are you Kayla? It is my prayer that you are fine in the Lord. How is your country? Tell me where you live. I am very happy to have you as my new friend and your family member. I have completed primary school. Pray for me that I may get good marks. I will always pray for your family and you. I hope to know more about you. Goodbye. 

________________________________________________________________________________

You have reached the final letter. You made it! ;) 

This letter is my one of my oldest "kiddos", Eric. I have been writing to him for so long that I may actually in a state of denial that he will be graduating in just 8 short months. We are only 6 years apart in age and have called each other siblings since the beginning. My little brother in Africa. Love him. 

Eric is 21 years old and lives in Uganda. He wrote this letter on November 15th, 2016. 

_________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

I am greeting you in the name of Jesus Christ. How are you and how is your situation over there? Back to me, I am okay. My family is also sending you greetings. I am thanking you for the love, care, and support you give to me. I am doing well at school and I am predicting to do my end of term exams this month. I request you to pray for me so that I may pass well in that area. The weather is favorable because we are receiving both sunshine and rainfall, which is good for the crops to crow well. I thank you for the letters you sent me. They have encouraging words. My best friend is Brian and I love him so much. We spend time together and visit each other. Thank you for the good verses. Very soon we will be celebrating Christmas where we will be remembering the birth of Jesus Christ. How do you celebrate? May God bless you! 

________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment