Adsense

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

My Tanzanian Trio!

Tanzania is really on the ball with letters! For example, I just wrote to all of my kids on November 5th about my grandfather's 80th birthday. On November 2nd, I received a letter from my boys about this birthday letter. Less that a month for me to send it to them, it to be translated and printed, delivered to their projects, they read it and responded, sent it back to the country office, and then translated and scanned back to me. As you can see, that is a lot of steps to be completed in just one month!

The third letter I received didn't mention the birthday party, is wishing me a merry Christmas. In the past, I've received Christmas greeting letters in March or April, way after the fact. I'm much more fond of these fast letters.

In age order, because that's the best way, here are my letters:

I'll share Agness's letter first. She wasn't feeling very chatty in this letter and let me know that. I love when I get to the stage with my kids where they can truly tell me how they feel.

Agness is 13 years old. Her letter was written on November 12th, 2016.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

It is my hope that you are fine and full of health. Me and my family are both fine and we greet you a lot. Thank you for the nice letter you sent to me, which had a nice message for Christmas. I thank you for sponsoring me. May heavenly God bless you. Frankly, I do not have much to say, but to wish you a happy birthday of baby Jesus. 

It is me, 
Agness

_______________________________________________________________________________

Now I will share Haji's letter. I love his words about my grandpa's birthday and my family. He's such a sweet boy! 

Haji is 14 years old. His letter is dated November 19th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Praise the Lord! I am fine and continue well with my studies and now we are doing exams before school break. Thanks for your good letter and your family pictures. You look very nice. Congratulations for having such a nice family and to your grandfather for reaching 80 years. I am happy and thankful for your Christmas and New Year greetings. I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! My family, father and mother, greet you. My father is a fisher. When he fishes, he brings home fish and I like to eat them very much. The type of fish found in our area is mackerel. Do you love fish? Welcome from Tanzania. May God protect you always. Amen. 

MwinyiHaji

_______________________________________________________________________________

Finally, the letter from Emanuel. He has a lot to say, as usual. He's a chatty young man. 

Emanuel is 19 years old. His letter is dated November 26th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. My family and I are well and healthy. I hope that you and your family are well. I am very happy to receive your nice letter. I have learned a lot through your letters. You asked me questions. I like pineapple and I also like all vegetables. My favorite foods are beans and maize. During sunny days, I like to swim. During rainy days I like to water the garden. When I wake up in the morning, I thank God for awakening me. When I sleep, I thank God for protecting me during the day. I like the game of pool at the pool table. I am happy to see your photo. You look beautiful and how you celebrated together at your grandfather's birthday. I'd like to ask you about the distance from your home to your relatives. I'd like you give you a verse from Psalm 133:1, "How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity." 

Emanuel

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment