Adsense

Thursday, December 22, 2016

First Letters Galore!

Okay, I'm not sure if it's "galore". It's two letters. Can two letters count as "galore"?

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I have two first letters to share with you today.

At the beginning of August, I started writing to Bilor. From the start of his letter, I get the impression that Bilor has had other sponsors in the past who have not written to him because he mentions me not "letting him down". I know it is very typical for sponsors to not write to their children, but it makes me so sad. I can only pray that Bilor's financial sponsor continues their commitment, so I can continue to write to him. I don't want to let him down.

Bilor is 16 years old and lives in Haiti. His letter is dated November 29th, 2016.

_________________________________________________________________________________



Hello Dear Sponsor, 

How are you? How was the weekend for you? I'm happy to see that you don't let me down. I always think of you and I'm asking God to give you good health. I thank you for your support. Thank you for thinking of me. That encourages me to work well in school. I will tell you that I had a good week. I was sick but now I feel better. I will always pray for you and ask God to bless you. I thank you so much for your help. I wish you to have a good year and a Merry Christmas. Once more, thank you for your help and your support. Thank you for all you have done for me and God will protect you in all that you do. Please pray that I can work well in school in order that I can succeed and God will bless you. 

Bilor

________________________________________________________________________________

As I start to type this next letter, I realize that I am going out of age order, which I typically swear by. Oh well, I guess I'm mixing things up today. 

This first letter is from Erick. Technically, it's not a letter to me, as it was written to his previous sponsor. he letter was dated just one week after I started sponsoring him, so he didn't even know about me yet, but I'm going to pretend this letter is for me. :) 

Erick is 13 years old and lives in Honduras. His letter is dated October 15th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

I am happy to write to you again. I want to tell you that I am 13 years old and I go to the sixth grade. I feel that I have grown a lot. Also, I want to tell you that my favorite class is math, because I like numbers. I love my school. It is called "Jose Trinidad Reyes." My school is big and pretty. Please pray for me that I can improve my school with good grades and I can become an excellent student. Do you go to school? I have a friend called Anthony. He is very friendly and we play soccer, my favorite spot. I hope you write to me soon. God bless you. 

Erick

________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment