Adsense

Friday, October 7, 2016

Two Letters from Kalpesh

Just like Sadiya earlier this week, I received two letters from Kalpesh, in just two days. Letters from India has been trapped in a large backlog, so I am so happy for things to be picking up again. Kalpesh has always been a big writer, so it's good to be hearing from him again. The first letter was written over the summer and the second letter was written just a couple of weeks ago!

Kalpesh is 14 years old and lives in India. This first letter is dated June 10th, 2016.

________________________________________________________________________________



Dearest Kayla & Family,

Greetings to you in the holy name of Jesus Christ from me and my family. I am very happy to write to you. I am glad to receive your letter. Thank you so much for your lovely letter and stickers. Here, by the grace of the Lord and through your prayers, we are safe and sound. I am pleased to inform you that I got good marks in my last year exam and I am promoted to 9th grade. Right now, I'm in summer vacation from school. My academic year will start next week. Please keep praying for my health. In the month of April 2016,  I received jeans, a shirt, and inner wear as my birthday gift, which you sent for me. I am very thankful to you for the gift and for loving me. May God bless you lots. Much love from us. 

With Love,
Kalpesh 

_________________________________________________________________________________

In this next letter, Kalpesh is answering the list of questions I recently sent my children. Some may think these lists of questions are impersonal, but I find that my children really enjoy answering the questions, especially if I answer all of the questions too, as an example. I think these lists are a great way to learn a lot of information about our kids in a short period of time. 

This letter was written on September 19th, 2016. Amazingly fast delivery! 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla & Family, 

Greetings to you in the precious name of Jesus Christ from our family. I received your letter and I am glad to hear from you. Thank you so much for the letter. Here, by God's grace and through your prayers, we are doing very well. I hope you are doing fine. My favorite fruit is pineapple. My favorite vegetable is lady finger (another name for okra). My favorite sweet food is ice cream. The best gift I've ever received is beautiful clothes on my birthday. I like to spend time outside either playing with the other children or going for a walk with my friends. In winter days, I like to stay inside and draw pictures. In the morning, the first thing I do after waking up is brush my teeth. At night, the last thing I do before going to bed is read my bible. My favorite game to play is Kabaddi. I'll pray that God leads you to attend a new church. Also, for your old church, I tell them stop fighting and learn to live with love. Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Keep praying for my studies and my health. Once again, thanks a lot for your love and prayers. May God help you and guide you in your job. 

With Love,
Kalpesh

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment