Adsense

Thursday, October 27, 2016

A Letter and a New Photo of Jose in One Day!

It's not very often that we receive two separate things from one of our kids in the same day! That happened to me yesterday. I got both an updated photo and a letter from Jose within about 12 hours. Whoo hoo! I was especially excited about the letter, because it had been over 6 months since Jose's last letter.

I'll share the letter first. Jose is 18 years old and lives in Peru. His letter is dated March 19th, 2016 (a long time ago!)

________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Kayla, 

My house is built with brick and mortar because the weather is so windy and this helps protect us. I live with my mom, my dad, my older sister, and my younger brother. I do have my own bed. Yes, we do have electricity at home. Thanks to our God, my house has tap water. The most common job in my community is farm laborer. We mostly travel on foot or by horse or donkey. We can travel to Arequipa by bus. We are 153 students at the student center and I enjoy learning the lessons at the center. Our traditional dishes are guinea pig stew and "white soup". We have the Misti Volcano, which is near us. The student center provides some help by doing community service and we hold fellowship events. Let me ask you; how many children do you teach at church? Do you have any older or younger siblings? Can you name traditional dishes from your country? I ask you to pray for me and my family to do really well. I will close with a big hug and a huge kiss. 

Jose

_________________________________________________________________________________

And the handsome guy that wrote the letter? He has certainly grown into a young man!




No comments:

Post a Comment