Adsense

Friday, June 17, 2016

Letters from Africa Rolling In

Today, I saw two green completed bars on my account. They were both from one of my boys in Africa. I know many people have negative feelings about this new online system, but I just love it so much. I think it's one of the greatest things Compassion has done, besides, you know, helping children escape poverty in Jesus' name.

First up, I'll share the letter from Haji. This is my very first letter from him. His letter was written on June 2nd and I received it today. That is only two weeks!

Haji is 13 years old and lives in Tanzania.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Praise the Lord Jesus! My family and I are doing fine. How are you and your family doing? I am doing well in my studies at school, thanks to God. We are in a one month holiday. I welcome you to Tanzania. I am happy to write this letter to you. I pray for you to be protected by God and to be given a long life. I wish one day I will meet you. My parents will be very happy to see you. I will keep on praying for you and your family. I really like to play football and ride a bicycle. 

MwinyiHaji

________________________________________________________________________________

The other letter I received was from Taye. His letter was still on the old stationery, so I know that it didn't go through the new system from his country to the US. It wasn't scanned electronically until it got to the office in Colorado, which explains why it took longer than most letters have been taking with the new system. 

Taye is 19 years old and lives in Ethiopia. His letter is dated February 23rd, 2016. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

My dear sponsor, Kayla. May the Lord's peace be with you. How are you doing? My family is in peace. Thank you so much for all your support, reaching me through the project office. Here, I spent Christmas in joy, along with my friends. I am doing fine in my education. I also work as a mechanic in my free time. I love you so much. Thank you for your helpful letters. May the Lord keep you in peace. I love you so much. See you soon. 

Yours, 
Taye

_________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. I saw Haji's photo as a thumbnail in my feed, and thought- what a handsome Tanzanian boy! He just has that special smile. What a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete