Adsense

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Words from India

February is shaping up to be a record letter month, for me. It's been pretty exciting to receive so many letters from so many kids! I've already received 19 letters, so far, and the month isn't over yet!

Today, I heard from two of my Indian boys. I received letters from Chintada and Sandesh. I'll share each of them now.

I was surprised to hear from Chintada, as I had just heard from him last month. This is the third child that I've heard from in both January and February of this year.

Chintada is 19 years old. His letter is dated December 14th, 2015. The translator for this letter has some seriously sloppy handwriting and I am not sure what some parts of the letter say. I will try my best to decipher...

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

At first, loving greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ. I am fine with my family. I hope that you are also fine with your family. 

I am very excited to receive your letter. You asked about the moon being red. It was not red in our country. But I did see a white moon in the sky. 

We are preparing dances, songs, and skits at the project. I got a new outfit as a pre-Christmas gift from the project. We had World AIDS Day and Compassion Day at the project. We also had a GIK (?) competition on the project. Now it is the winter season here. Please pray for my future and my family. I also pray for you and your family. 

Thanks,
Chintada

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, here is Sandesh's letter. I cannot for the life of me figure out whey Sandesh does not write his own letters. He's the only one of my older children who still has a tutor write for him. The only theory I have is that his tutor writes them directly in English, so the letters can skip the translation process. While I enjoy the letters coming a little bit faster, I would still prefer to hear directly from my boy and not have someone else's thoughts influence the letter. Yes, that is fine with little kiddos, but Sandesh is fully able to read, write, and share his own ideas. I think I'll address it in my response to him and see what's up. 

Sandesh is 11 years old. His letter is dated November 13th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the precious name of Jesus Christ. I am a child development facilitator writing this letter to you on behalf of Sandesh. 

Sandesh is fine. He is doing well in our project. He is coming regularly to the project. He likes to eat apple, banana, and rice. He likes to hear about your church. Gage is sweet. They both are cute, as you said in your letter. 

Thank you for your support and help. Please pray for him. He is praying for you and your family. You are special to him. 

Thank you, on behalf of Sandesh

_______________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment