Adsense

Friday, February 12, 2016

Letters from some Expressive, Young Men

Man, my teen and young adult men from around the world sure do write some great letters! They're engaging, detailed-filled, and ask wonderful questions. It's just such a blessing to communicate with these guys.

Over the last few days, I've received four letters from four of these young men. I will share them with you today.

First up, a letter from Sevenson. He is 14 years old and lives in Haiti. His letter is dated August 3rd, 2015. I have no idea what's up with the 6 month delay in delivery, but I'm happy to receive it now.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus, the almighty. I am doing fine with all my family. I am in my time of vacation and I now play ball with my friends. I always go to church with my parents. Thank you for the letter and the encouraging words and the prayers for me. What do you do as special things for vacation? I would ask you to pray for me to spend a good end of vacation. I love you. 

Sevenson

________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Florenc. He was full of questions in this letter. I will have to make sure to answer them all in my next letter. 

Florenc is 16 years old and lives in Albania. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I was glad I received your letter! How are you doing? Are you having cold? It hasn't snowed here yet, but according to the weather forecast, it's going to snow very soon. As for my class, I would say that we haven't changed much. We are still playful and mischief-making students, but I believe we will change. 

After the holidays, school started again with a lot of studies and exams. How were your holidays? Mine were fine. How is everything going with your job? I hope that you are satisfied with it! Is there anything interesting that you've done during these days? Do you have many friends? Can you tell me the name of your best friend? I'd like to receive your letter very soon! I love reading letters from you! 

Have a great day, full of love and family and harmony. Keep smiling and live long! 

Love, 
Florenc

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, a long, beautiful letter from Abbas. I can tell, through reading his letters, that he is a very intelligent, young man. He writes very eloquently. 

Abbas is 18 years old and lives in Uganda. His letter was written November 23rd, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I hope everything is okay on your side, because I know that God is always with you. How is your country and your family? I hope that my friend is doing well. Back to me, I am very well, the family is okay, and the country is well. It is preparing for the visit of Pope Francis of Rome. 

I am very happy to write to you again an, as usual, I thank you for all the support you give me, as you know them very well. Thanks for the letters you sent to me, which are good because of their information. I am very glad to hear that you had your annual Vacation Bible School. Through that letter, I got to know about Gods power for each day. Send my greetings to my friend in Tanzania. Ask him what he does in his leisure time. 

On the school side, we have completed our year of studies, so next year we are to be in the next class. I thank God for that and I pray to him to continue blessing me such that I next year in Senior Six, I also perform better and then join university. Our home is very well because all my family members are well. I pray to God to continue blessing them. 

As usual, the project is doing well for us. We have many good things, like we got new uniforms which are beautiful. We are going to have a Christmas party next month. I am very sure that the project loves us and because of its love, we can do many things. I told you that I do break dance. I cannot wait for our Christmas party because we are having a dance competition. I am going to show my talent. 

Though I wrote this letter to thank you for your letters you sent to me, the main issues I want to share with you is about the beauty of the Pearl of Africa (Uganda). Uganda is called that because we have beautiful things, like physical features, good fertile soils, formidable climate, and other things. Uganda is located along the Eastern part of Africa. Before 2008, Uganda had 72 districts, but now it has over almost 100 districts. This shows that it is a developing country. We have a presidents, many members of parliament, and also councils. Uganda has physical features like lakes, rivers, mountains, and others. It has a good climate. In this, I mean sometimes it rains and sometimes we experience sunshine. Our climate is favorable compared to other countries in Africa. Uganda also has good security, which also helps other countries in times of war and conflict. 

I would like to stop here because if I continue, I will not stop writing because we have many attractive things in Uganda. But the best thing is for you to come and take a visit and see everything with your own eyes. If I decide to write about all of them, I may use an entire ream of paper. 

Thank you. I love you from back to the moon! Merry Christmas and happy new year! May God bless you. 

Abbas 

________________________________________________________________________________

To end, a letter from Wendjy. Wendjy is another one of my super intelligent young men. He gets great grades in school and has big plans for his future.

Wendjy is 20 years old and lives in Haiti. He wrote this letter on November 26th, 2015.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

As usual, it is a great pleasure for me to write a letter to you, each time I find the opportunity. As you and your family doing well? I am very well, by Gods grace, except for my sister, who has had an accident. But she is getting better now. Thanks for your letter and pictures. It is always a pleasure to answer your questions. I will still be in the project while I am in college, but just for two more years. My church has bible study and VBS. I always feel God's presence in nature and through what he has done for me. When I sleep, I am able to wake up again. I haven't found a job yet. I am more interested in my studies now. I was happy to read the stories you shared with me. I am glad you shared my birthday with me again. I wish you a Merry Christmas and may God bless you. 

Wendjy

________________________________________________________________________________ 


No comments:

Post a Comment