Adsense

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Holy Letters, Batman!

It's official, this is a record month for letters! In fact, between January and February, I have heard from all but a few of my kids! Isn't that amazing?! I'm also preparing for not getting as many letters in March, but that's okay. This month has been awesome!

Over the weekend, I received four letters! Let the fun begin!

I'll share a letter from my littlest guy first, Rodrigo. He wrote on the My Dreams template.

Rodrigo is 5 years old and lives in Bolivia. His letter is not dated.

________________________________________________________________________________



When I grow up, I want to be: A Policeman

Someday I would like to meet my sponsor and tell them: I love you

The person that I admire is: My mother

Because: She is good

Someday, I'd like to visit: The ocean 

Dear Kayla, 

It is a pleasure to greet you in the name of Jesus. I am Jorge, Rodrigo's teacher. He liked your letter, knowing about your family and knowing what you do. I let you know that his father's name is Hugo, his mother's name is Nataly, and his siblings are Juan, Pilar, and Ventura. His father works as a watchman in a school and his mother is the queen of the house. His siblings study at school. Rodrigo says that he has never seen a moon eclipse, but he thanks you for the information about it. 

Love, 
Rodrigo and teacher

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Jhonrex. It's always good to hear from him. I haven't been writing to him for very long, but he is mine, for as long as he needs me. Receiving him as a correspondent was an absolute miracle and I won't let him go. Even if I have to stop eating, I will pick up his sponsorship if he ever needs me to. 

Jhonrex is 15 years old and lives in the Philippines. He wrote this letter on November 27th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

Hi! How are you? Are you okay with your family? If you ask me, I'm okay, thanks to God. Thank you for the letter that you sent. I'm so happy to hear about your family. I saw the lunar eclipse and the color of the moon was red. Thank you for telling me. Thank you for all your support. I enjoy it a lot in the center because I learn and do a lot of activities. I enjoy our school because we train how to play basketball. On Christmas, I want to have my complete family together. Please pray for good health for me and for my family and also that I will pass my studies. Thank you for praying for me to eat healthy food like vegetables. Merry Christmas! I share Psalm 31:1. 

Your Sponsor Child,
Jhonrex

________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Jhon, my sweetheart from Bolivia. I don't know why, but I have always pictured him as sensitive, young man. Who knows, I may be wrong. Haha. Either way, I love reading his letters. He's always great at sharing details about his life with me. 

Jhon is 17 years old and lives in Bolivia. He wrote this letter on November 24th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hi Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

About your question, no, I didn't see the lunar eclipse. I want to tell you that I am on vacation. I passed to the next grade and I will be coursing 6th year of high school. Before going out on school vacation, we went on a field trip with my friends and teacher to an aquarium. We also got to play soccer with all the girls and boys. After playing, we also got to get in the pool to refresh us a little bit because it was very hot. Everybody had a good time. Goodbye, with the peace of the Lord. 

With Love,
Jhon

Please pray for my family and for the people that have nothing. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

The last letter for today is from Swapna. I got some startling news in this letter, but I am so happy to hear that things were worked out. I know that arranged marriage is a thing in India and honestly, I'm not against, for adults, of course. But, I do like that Swapna will get to finish school before marrying. She is such an intelligent, young lady. 

Swapna is 18 years old and lives in India. Her letter is dated November 16th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you so much for your love and care. I am fine here. I attended VBS in the month of May. We had three days of VBS. I am glad to hear from you. Yes, we can feel God in our day to day life. Now here, winter is knocking at our door. We are welcoming winter by wearing winter garments. I want to complete my graduation but my parents were arranging for my marriage. One of my sister-in-laws helped me to stop that arrangement. I completed my first year final exam. I passed with 53% marks (I looked it up. Under 40% is failing). We got new managers and social workers in our center. I remember you in my prayers regularly. Please pray for me and write to me. 

With Thanks, Your Sponsored Child, 
Swapna

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment