Adsense

Friday, September 28, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 15

Happy Friday! I don't know about you, but my week has just flown by! My preschool director just passed out our October calendars to hand out to our students and I can't believe that next week is October!

But, that does not halt the letter sharing! The love from children all over the world keeps pouring in!

Today's post will be a nice mix of younger/older, template letter/free-form letter. It should be fun!

We start with a letter from Kwizera. He is one of the kiddos who really seems to love being paired up with another one of my children as a prayer partner. Whenever I send Kwizera info about his prayer partner Mulwa, he always responds!

Kwizera is 13 years old and lives in Rwanda. His letter is dated August 29th, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Kayla, 

Warm greetings in the name of Jesus Christ from your child and my family! I am happy to write this letter to you today, to let you know how I am doing with my family. All is well in my country. We have started the raining season and people are growing beans. School is going well. We have just started the third term. I hope to get good grades. Please pray for me to perform well. I was thrilled with the new picture of Mulwa that you sent to me, telling me about his birthday. It pleased me so much. Please tell him I wish him a happy birthday. I love him and pray for him. My birthday is on November 15th. I will turn 14 years old. I was very pleased by your letter. I am happy to hear how you are doing with your family. I am constantly praying for God to fulfill your needs. May peace and blessings be upon you. Thank you for always thinking of me. May God continue watching over you. I end here, thanking you for your love and kind heart. My family and I are thankful for you. 

________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is from Muzuro. His letter makes me chuckle a bit because it almost seems like a homework assignment of sorts. I sent all of my kids the story of Pinocchio in a recent letter and Muzuro wrote back with a short summary of the story. There is just something about that that I love so much! He really took the lessons from the story to heart and applied them to his life. It's wonderful! 

Muzuro is 15 years old, lives in Uganda, and he wrote this letter on August 30th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I am very happy with the story you sent me this time. The story was very interesting and I read it together with my friends. What I learned from this story is that we should listen to our parents. If you listen to Gepetto, you will someday be a real boy. So I learned that if we listen to our parents, we will be blessed. But if we don't listen to our parents, our future will be incomplete. And from the other part that says, "In the morning, he was happy to Pinocchio alive! He gave Pinocchio some money to buy books for school and told him to go straight to school without stopping." But then some bad boys stopped Pinocchio. So I learned that when we are on our way to school, or another place, and we see a bad group of people, we should run away from them because otherwise you could be raped or killed. We should be careful on our way. And if our parents give us money for school supplies, we should use it well. 

So I am very happy to read this story and I learned many things. I want you to send another story to improve my life. May the Lord bless you. Thanks a lot! 

_________________________________________________________________________________

We're halfway through our scheduled programming and it's time for a template letter! 

This letter is from Yeraini and she is telling me about her favorite sport. 

Yeraini is 6 years old, is from the Dominican Republic, and her letter was written on September 3rd, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. The sport I play the most of is: Baseball 

2. My favorite baseball team is: The Licey Tigers 

3. I practice my sport at: My backyard 

4. I play my sport with: My friends 

5. My favorite sport player is: Erick 

Dear Kayla, 

Yeraini sends her greetings with much love and affection. She hopes you are very well. She is happy with the letter about Jack's story that you sent her. She says it is a very nice story. Please pray for her family, friends, and community. 

Love,
Yeraini

________________________________________________________________________________

Up next is a short letter from my boy Enmanuel. He's so funny. I just really think he hates writing. He has much better things to do! 

Enmanuel is 10 years old and also lives in the Dominican Republic. His letter is dated September 4th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

I write this letter to tell you about me. I did well in school. Classes are back and my first few days of school were good. I like to watch lots of games on TV. I want to see a picture of your family. 

Enmanuel 

_________________________________________________________________________________

We end with another short letter from another boy who must not like writing very much. ;) 

This time, from Baraka, who is 9 years old, from Kenya. His letter is dated September 1st, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Baraka greets you in Jesus' name. He appreciates your letter very much. He says he is doing okay at school and at home. He thanks you very much for the support you give towards him. He wishes you God's blessings in your endeavors. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment