Adsense

Friday, September 7, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 12

We survived the first week of preschool! We had some tough moments, as well as some brilliantly amazing moments. I'm looking forward to the year!

The blessings kept pouring in in letter form. So let's share five letters today!

Today's first letter comes from one of my newest guys, Dharshan Kumar. His letter came so fast after receiving him. Judging from what he said in this letter, it seems that he used to have a sponsor that wrote to him and thinks that I'm that I'm that person. I hope I can live up to his letter writing standards!

Dharshan Kumar is 10 years old, lives in Sri Lanka, and he wrote his letter on July 17th, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I am well. How are you? It is raining heavily here. How is the weather there? Why haven't you written to me in such a long time? My teacher told me that you celebrate the new year in June, so happy new year to you! I will have my 2nd term exams soon and next month I will be getting a holiday. I haven't planned where I will go yet because I was busy studying for my exams. 

Yours, 
Dharshan Kumar

________________________________________________________________________________

Letter numero dos comes from Nico. He's writing to me on the My Typical Week template.

Nico is 7 years old and lives in Indonesia. His letter is dated July 10th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. I typically get up at: 6:00 a.m 

2. I go to the project on: Wednesday & Friday 

3. In the afternoon, I typically: Take a nap 

4. My favorite day of the week is: Sunday because there is no school and I can go to church with my family. 

5. I typically go to sleep at: 8:00 p.m 

Dear Sponsor, 

Greetings in love to you. I'm so happy to receive and read your letter. I hope you are always fine and may all your work go well. My family and I are healthy and fine here. I'm so happy because I was just on a long holiday. I love reading your letters. Thank you very much. I hope you won't be bored to keep sending me letters and keep telling me about your experiences. I'm back to school and I'm in Grade 2 now. Please pray for me. I always pray for you and hope the best for you and your family. Greetings in love. 

From, 
Nico

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next we read a letter from Anny. I recently acquired a large group of kids from a friend and Anny was one of those kids. This letter was technically written to my friend, but was passed along to me. It's full of good information, so I'm grateful to have it! 

Anny is 11 years old. She lives in Guatemala. Her letter is dated July 18th, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

I hope you are healthy. Thank you for all the letters you have sent me. I feel very blessed for your support. The sport I like best is basketball. It is healthy to exercise. I would like to travel to Colombia, see the museums, and other tourist places and to know the culture. I would like to meet Ricardo Arjano and Gabi Moreno because they are great Guatemalan singers. I would like to play piano and guitar at my church. Thank God I passed my grade and I was promoted to 6th grade. My brother Cristian turned 4 in May. It was also my birthday and my family celebrated it. I am happy to read your letter. I am in the dance group at my church and we praise God through dances. Regarding your questions, thank God I am good and healthy. There are large, medium, and small furry mice where I live. People are not scared of them. They just kill them. I went to school to participate in a play and then I came back to my house. I do not receive English class at my school. Thank God my family is fine. We went to church to pray for others. I celebrated my birthday on Sunday and ate cake with my family. I play Chinese Checkers with my uncle Juan and my aunt Fidelina. What instrument do you like to play? What place in the world would you like to visit? Please pray for my cousins, uncles, grandparents, my mom, and my aunts Ana and Yolanda. My mom's name is Lidia. Thank you for everything. I say goodbye and wish you blessing and success in your life. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now we have a letter from Marinelis, who shared some quick details about herself and also asked me some questions to keep the conversation flowing. 

Marinelis is 16 years old, lives in the Dominican Republic, and wrote her letter on August 13th, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Friend Kayla, 

How are you and your family? I hope you are fine. How is the climate over there? I'm doing very good in school. I went out with my sister this summer. We went to the museum. I spent summer in the project. I'm going to have an interesting summer and I will look for approval right after I finish this letter. What is your favorite music genre? I'm doing well in the summer Bible school. Please pray for my family. 

With Love,
Marinelis

________________________________________________________________________________

We'll end with a general letter from my boy Mulwa. He continues to have a tutor write for him, even at his age. Unfortunately, I've stopped learning details about him. Each letter seems to be like the last one, just hearing basic information. Maybe it will change in the future. 

Mulwa is 11 years old, he lives in Kenya, and he wrote this letter on August 13th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Mulwa salutes you in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. He says he is getting on well with his family members. He hopes that you and your family members are also getting on well. He says he is still putting in a lot of efforts in his studies. He says they have done the end of term exam and have closed school for the holiday. He says he likes attending the project because it allows him to grow spiritually, physically, and mentally. He says he is very happy and grateful for the letters which you have been sending to him. He also appreciates the support you have been giving to him. He says he likes going to Sunday school to learn more about God. He says that he is praying for you and is requesting from you, to continue doing well in school. He says may the Lord bless you. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment