Adsense

Friday, September 14, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 13

We're two weeks into the preschool year and things seem to be settling in very nicely. With that said, I think I'll be able to manage some other blog posts besides just these Tuesday and Friday letter posts. 

I definitely want to introduce some new correspondent kiddos. As well as share the letters I wrote last month to my kids. So be on the look out for those. 

With that said, it's time to share another five letters today. We'll start with a letter from Jhonrex. I really admire this young man. I've been writing to him for years and he's, essentially, been in middle school that whole time. He spent a few years out of school and then went back. School is very difficult for him, but he never gives up. I'm not so sure I'd have the same persistence in the same situation. 

Jhonrex is 18 years old, lives in the Philippines, and his letter is dated July 14th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello. How are you there? About me here, thanks for your prayers. I am now in school and in Grade 7. This time, I will do my very best. Thank you for you unending support. Thank you also for your letters. I'm so happy about them. Thank you for the story of The Ugly Duckling. Yes, God loves us no matter what. I am blessed. Thank you also for the birthday gift money. I bought some t-shirts and some groceries. 

About here in our Center, our classes have started already. There are some changes here. We have new TVs and new electric fans. Our walls now have new designs. It looks very nice. 

Please pray that I really will be able to finish school this year. Also that God will give me strength and good health, together with my family. How many times a day do you pray? I share Psalm 23:1, "The Lord is my shepherd. I shall lack nothing." 

Respectfully Yours,
Jhonrex

_______________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is from another young man who is making great progress in life. Dreaming big and trying new things. I'm so proud of all of my young men! 

Joel is 18 years old, lives in Mexico, and he wrote this letter on July 21st, 2018.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

In this letter, I want to tell you what has been happening lately. The graduation event in high school took place recently. I am so happy that I finished another stage. I'm thankful to God for that. The new stage is that I'm going to start university. I pray that goes well for me. The degree I'm going to study in university is accounting. I hope that this stage will go well for me and that God will be with me and help me. I'm going to be there with my sister. Please pray for my schooling. I would like to ask you, how did you spend the summer with your family? What do you usually do during the summer? Where do you like going in the summer? I want to thank you for being a friend and writing me stories. I've liked every one. 

Joel 

_________________________________________________________________________________

We'll shift a bit from the big boys to a little boy. This next letter is from Kelvin and he wrote to me on the My Holiday/School Break template. 

Kelvin is 7 years old, from Indonesia, and his letter is dated August 21st, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My holiday/school break is: June-July 

2. My holiday/school break lasts for: 30 days 

3. During my holiday/school break, I usually go: To my grandparent's/relatives house 

4. My favorite people to spend my holiday/school break with is: My parents 

5. One person I would like to visit during my holiday/school in the future is: My friends 

Shalom Mama Kayla, 

Thank you for replying to my letter. Thank you also for sending me stories about Pinocchio and Jack and the Beanstalk. I really like reading them. I look forward to get more stories. I don't have a well because we use water from the water resource company. That's all my letter for now. God bless you. 

Love,
Kelvin

________________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from Cedrick, another little guy of mine. He wrote his letter on the template titled My House. I think in all countries, this is one of my favorite templates. It's so nice to be able to picture where each of my children lives. 

Cedrick is 8 years old, lives in Rwanda, and his letter was written on August 20th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. I get water from: At the public tap, just 500 meters from my house. 

2. I get food from: The market 

3. My house is made of: Bricks and wood 

4. My house's floor is made of: Bricks 

5. My house's roof is made of: Tiles 

6. Do I have electricity in my house?: Yes 

Dear Kayla, 

Your child greets you in the name of Jesus Christ. How are you doing? Cedrick was happy to receive the letter you sent to him and to read the story. He is happy that you think about him and send him meaningful stories. He's learned that taking what is not yours is not good at all. Cedrick has just ended the holidays and now starts 3rd term. We wish the Lord's peace be with you. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

We end this post with a letter from a sweet, little girl. Mixing things up! ;) 

Amina is writing to me on the My Project template letter. 

Amina is 5 years old and is from Uganda. Her letter is dated August 11th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. My project's name is: Kibyamirizi Child Development Center 

2. I go to my project one day per week. 

3. My project is less than 1 km away from my house. 

4. My favorite activity to do at the project is: Playing with dolls 

5. My favorite thing about my project workers is: They take good care of me 

6. When I am at the project, I typically eat: Rice, meat, eggs, and posho 

Dear Kayla, 

Greetings in Jesus' name. How are you and everyone there doing? Amina says that she is so happy for the letter you sent her. Thank you so much for the stories. They are so interesting. She says she loves you so much because you make her happy. She loves going to school and also to the project because she has good friends there. They are Viola and Sarah. She asks, who are your friends? She asks you to pray that she stays well. May God bless you. 

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment